D25LC2 XM-L Amazement

PackersNation

Newly Enlightened
Using my D25LC2 without any other light pollution has gotten me to appreciate the raw power of this little bugger. For example, I flashed it at a house way out of its 50 yd stated range ( around 1/3 mile away) and it caused them to turn their porch light on. Imagine if I had my Bc40 along. Any comments and/or similar giddy feelings from high powered flashlights?

Last edited:

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened
Using my D25LC2 without any other light pollution has gotten me to appreciate the raw power of this little bugger. For example, I flashed it at a house way out of its 50 yd stated range ( around 1/3 mile away) and it caused them to turn their porch light on. Imagine if I had my Bc40 along. Any comments and/or similar giddy feelings from high powered flashlights?

Do you have any beam shots?

I seriously need to get me one of those! :D

Mikeemikester

Newly Enlightened
I got mine today- tested it over our local park. Two guys stopped me as I left and asked me which torch it was, when I showed them they refused to believe the light came from the little Eagletac!!! I've not had much experience with LED torches in the last few years...it would seem the technology has moved on at quite a pace!
Keep enjoying the little bugger- I know I will with mine!!!:naughty:

PackersNation

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, no beamshots. I was not able to see the house but I sure bet they wondered who ruined the party.;)

Last edited:

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Anybody know how this light does against the ZL SC600? I have the SC600, but if they are the same in output then i'll pass on it.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac D25C XML-U2 is 3" and 750 lumens.

The Eagletac D25LC2 XML-U2 is 4.5" and 650 lumens.

The Zebralight SC600 is 4.3" and 750 lumens.

Obviously a 3100mah 18650 will crush the runtime of a 750mah 16340.

However, both the D25LC2 and SC600 drop to 500 lumens after a few minutes.

D25C-FL1-Summary2-1.gif

D25LC2-FL1-Summary1-2.gif

D25LC2-Hi18650.gif

cyclesport

Enlightened

Yeah...the D25LC2 is really a great little 18650 light. Super bright with an almost perfect mix of flood (big bright spill) and not bad throw either for such a small head...very useful. I always liked the small form factor of ET's D-Series twisties, and when they released them w/clickys, I pre-ordered two D25C's (Aluminum & Ti) and the D25LC2 all w/XM-L U2 emitters. I think this a really well developed and implemented series of lights at very competitive prices with real value. I generally favor single CR123 lights that can utilize 16340 ICR/IMR's for EDC since they're so pocketable and I don't need long run times, but the D25LC2 is such a small 18650 light it's no harder to carry that a large felt tipped marker.

At first I didn't use it much but with it's well spaced modes, no PWM and a great beam patten that is almost neutral for a U2 binned LED, it has worked its way into my pocket a lot more lately. It's one of those lights you can recommend to non-flashaholics that is a "do all" kind of light w/o breaking the bank...would make a great gift and definately one of my better light purchases! (*If it just had a true moonlight mode like the D25C, it would be perfection).

Tiresius

Enlightened
If you like warm colors, the NW version is warmer compared to my Mac's Custom SST-50 EDC. It's leaned towards the orange more than green. Sorry, I threw away the photos comparing its colors of other NW lights.

I've had this light for almost 1 month and goes everywhere with me. It brings quite a bit of "WOW" factor to people seeing it. I like it every little bit.