Lance Armstrong done______

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

The most drug tested person on the planet is saying 'enough is enough' on drug allegations.
Important,,this is NOT an admission of guilt

~ the 2004 'tour' time trial,, 3,600 foot vertical climb up alpe d'huez ^^^

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lance Armstrong done contesting drug allegations

So what does that mean? He doesnt really make the decision whether to continue these investigations, thats done by the officials.

fastgun

Enlightened

Eddie Merkx was and now still is "The Man!!"

Flashlight Enthusiast

nearly everyone dopes at that level. yes it is bad but an actual fact that will
never be controlled.

Lance doped but was never busted via the established rules, that is the issue. He gave up
and said whatever...so he can just move on and let the cards fall where they may.

the problem is: sponsors, high salaries for winning and dirt money for losing,
and these racers, the majority come from dirt poor beginnings. the desire to win is strong, but to beat dopers you
must be a doper. that is the real problem in cycling. not Lance, not the dopers, but the structure and pay system for teams,
and the old-boy network holding it together.

there is zero doubt in anyones mind that Lance, at the time, was the king of all cycling. He was racing on
the same rules as everyone else---> Need to do some type of boosting at this level<----, because almost everyone else
in contention is doing the same exact thing. those who don't, cannot win.

Lance also rode harder and trained smarter than anyone else, dope or no dope. he is insanely focused and fit

and I am not a Lance fan, I think he is a total ****. but I also respect the absolute killer hard work
he put into the bike, day in day out for year after year.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does the term 'Witch Hunt' ring a bell here? There is no physical proof of doping. Only the say so of 10 unnamed riders. Why is this gov't agency wasting all this time and money on this? If they did not find anything at the time of race conclusion, that should be the end of it. Congress found that there was nothing to the charges a few months ago and dropped all their investigations against him.

He has done more for American Cycling that any other rider before him.

Would you believe that someone in France is ultimately behind this? Conspiracy Theory - maybe. The French have been after him since the first win. One French Newspaper even claimed that they had a blood sample of his tested and it was positive, the thing is - how did the news paper get the sample and how many hands has it passed through, remember the chain of evidence. there was none. Eventually, this was debunked as fiction.

How can a US agency strip him of seven Tour de France wins? Isn't that a French title?

I bet the head of the agency doesn't even know how to ride a bike........

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm unsure why the following language is used in their statement:

US ADA statement:

"However, when given the opportunity to challenge the evidence against him, and with full knowledge of the consequences, Mr. Armstrong chose not to contest the fact that he engaged in doping violations from at least August 1, 1998 and participated in a conspiracy to cover up his actions."

No investigation has "facts" of guilt before it begins. There are indeed questions, such as the meaning of blood irregularities in a 2009 race... but it is farcical to state the above: "We know you're guilty, let us hold the hearing already."

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

How can a US agency strip him of seven Tour de France wins? Isn't that a French title?

+

I believe only the UCI has that power

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

'Guilty until proven innocent' :devil:

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast

So many of Lance's contemporaries have already been caught or implicated in doping, who will the UCI say actually won those 7 TdFs?? After spending all of these years chasing Lance, aren't they obliged to reexamine all of the samples by the riders who might be declared the winner?

I'd like to see bike racing cleaned up, but it's not clear what has been accomplished by USADA's actions. If there is proof of doping, show it. If not, then drop the matter.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

After spending all of these years chasing Lance, aren't they obliged to reexamine all of the samples by the riders who might be declared the winner?

I think that the top finishers in each stage are tested immediately after finishing. But. Lance would have had the same tests performed...

WoodMan

Newly Enlightened

Does the term 'Witch Hunt' ring a bell here? There is no physical proof of doping. Only the say so of 10 unnamed riders. Why is this gov't agency wasting all this time and money on this? If they did not find anything at the time of race conclusion, that should be the end of it. Congress found that there was nothing to the charges a few months ago and dropped all their investigations against him.

Would you believe that someone in France is ultimately behind this? Conspiracy Theory - maybe. The French have been after him since the first win. One French Newspaper even claimed that they had a blood sample of his tested and it was positive, the thing is - how did the news paper get the sample and how many hands has it passed through, remember the chain of evidence. there was none. Eventually, this was debunked as fiction.

USADA is not, repeat not, a U.S. government agency or a court. They don't follow rules of evidence, don't presume innocence, don't give the accused due process, they don't even name the witnesses against him. They are no better than the kangaroo courts in the old Soviet bloc. In fact, they are the U.S. anti-doping representative only because they figured out how to do it before anyone else did. If I, or anyone else on this forum, had figured out how to run this absolutely perfect scam first then we would be the USADA.

I'm no fan of Armstrong, but this is a total railroad job.

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

These days you cant believe pretty much anything the media says anyway, which is why journalists are on the list of least trusted professionals, along with lawyers and Hollywood celebs(see any patterns here?)

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cant they just take a blood sample from each and every racer at the beginning and/or end of each race, and test it, but also keep some of the sample for future testing once they figure out how to detect the newest drugs on the scene at any one time?

That way they can always check to see if racers were using some new cheating substance that they werent aware of and didnt know how to test for til a year later or whatever....

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

My mistake, I thought the USADA was a quasi Gov't agency. At any rate, they are at odds with some of the other cycling associations.

I was under the impression that the winners of each stage were tested and they do in fact store some/all of the samples for future testing. Unfortunately, the samples are not as secure as they should be. That was how some French newspaper got hold of some of his blood. The first rider who was stripped of the tour win, due to doping, is the one who came out against Armstrong.

I would think that after 500 blood tests that came back negative, they would leave him alone.

He did take a bunch of stuff after his Chemo treatments for cancer. That was a few years before his first win.

I thought the US no longer had Kangaroo Courts. There is no direct evidence, only what unnamed sources are saying.

I remember reading a few years back that some of the other riders did not like Armstrong. They were saying he was only training to race the Tour de France and no other major races, that is why he won. He did not have the full race schedule that some of the other riders had. They felt it was an unfair advantage.

I am not a chemist, nor a biologist . I do have a question about blood being stored for an extended period of time. Is it possible that through decay or freezing and thawing samples, that the blood is not exactly the same as it was when it was first drawn? I know that certain medications that are legal, will change into other elements in a short period of time.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
'Guilty until proven innocent' :devil:

That's it. They couldn't prove him guilty, so now they've decided to make him prove he's innocent - and he's not playing their game - so they've claimed the moral victory.