• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Shorty 3 XML Maglite Prototype.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!!!
Warning: The price of this light will quickly fall until it is SOLD! Price reduction begins immediately. Either you will be the the new owner of this unique light or the guy who snatches it up while you were thinking about it will.
First unconditional
"I'll take it" followed by :paypal: gets the light!

Price is $225>220>215>210>205>$200>NOW ONLY $195 Shipped SOLD!!!

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Hi all,

This light is a prototype of a light I am planning production on. It uses 3 XM-L U2 bin emitters. Each emitter is tested to ensure VF is well matched for an even output. The emitters are driven by a custom driver with a 6A max. The light is powered by a single IMR 26650. Modes are High, Med, Low with memory.

shortymagcandd042.jpg

shortymagcandd043.jpg

One last piece of eye candy.

Standard D cell mag.
3xmlmagbeam003.jpg

Shorty 3X
3xmlmagbeam004.jpg

Last edited:

simplec6

Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom Shorty Maglite Prototype.

Hi VoB, that is quite an awesome build. Any more details on the driver, heatsink, One triple board or three stars? 6a max so 2a to each XML in parallel?

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

yeah what jmpaul320 said. this'll be the next big thing for maglite modding, imo. :D

i'll have to buy one when you put it in to production when I get a chance

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! How bright is it on high? How's the run time compared to your other Shorty build?

Also do you have closer up pics of the emitter set up?

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

A few questions...how far will it throw, how bright is it, how long can you run it on High and battery life for High? ;)

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi VoB, that is quite an awesome build. Any more details on the driver, heatsink, One triple board or three stars? 6a max so 2a to each XML in parallel?

Thanks. Its 3 individual. They are wired in parallel so yes 2A per die.

Nice! How bright is it on high? How's the run time compared to your other Shorty build?

Based on my experience with these emitters I would estimate the ouptut at around 1300 lumens.

A few questions...how far will it throw, how bright is it, how long can you run it on High and battery life for High? ;)

Its got some reach for a triple. 150 yards ish? I'd say its "safe" to run it 10 min at a time on full blast, it gets pretty hot to hold after that. Run time on high for me was about 40 min.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

hard to tell from the pics but it kinda looks like optics installed?
very nice and very tempting indeed.