How Would This Drop-in Work In My 6Z?

Trek_geek

Newly Enlightened
My Surefire 6Z has a twist on and rear push button momentary on.
How would a 5 mode LED drop-in work? Momentary on to get to the different modes then twist on to keep it in the mode/brightness I want?

Any idea how fast the "strobe" mode is"
Solar Force Store
CREE R5M XP-G 5 MODE LED
380 Lumen 5 mode CREE XP-G R5 LED
$12
Module consists of a Cree XP-G R5 LED and a smooth reflector
LED lifetime up to 100,000 hours
Max Output: 380 lumen
5 Outputs: High>Medium>Low>Strobe>SOS
Input voltage: 3.7V-8.4V
Diameter: 26mm
Max Current: 1500mAh
Compatible with:
Surefire 6P, G2, G2Z, C2, M2, D2, Z2 flashlights

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have experience with that particular drop-in, but, I do have experience with multi-mode drop-ins used with Z41 tail caps (the current version of the same tail cap on your light). You can:
1) Twist on, twist off, repeat until you've reached the mode you are trying to get to
2) tap the tail cap, changing modes, until you reach the mode you are looking for then tighten the cap to keep it there
3) tap the tail cap, changing modes, until you reach the mode before the one you are looking for then tighten the cap to the mode you want
4) tap the tail cap, changing modes, until you reach the mode you are looking for then stop tapping long enough to lock the mode in then twist the tail cap on (this only works if your drop-in has last mode memory)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Well, at least he hasn't asked about boring it out ... yet (!) - ;)

Shhh, that's next week, lol. ;)

Bored6Z006.jpg

Trek_geek

Newly Enlightened
Well, at least he hasn't asked about boring it out ... yet (!) - ;)

I've always used standard 123s (free from work). Now that I am retired without the free batteries, why not just go with the rechargable 123s? Won't they work with drop-ins? And YES I am a FNG when it comes to "messin" with flashlights, but I am an EE by education and retired LEO by occupation and as my screen name says, a "GEEK by DNA", so this is starting to get interesting.