Mag-Lite 6 comeback?

lwknight

Enlightened
After learning the led technology , I would not give 50 cents for a 6XC incan light that can double as an Asp-baton.
Comeback? I'm thinking die off more likely.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
After learning the led technology , I would not give 50 cents for a 6XC incan light that can double as an Asp-baton.
Comeback? I'm thinking die off more likely.

I'd be somewhat interested as a mod LED host - seems a bit easier to source NiMH C cells of moderate capacity than D cells.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd buy 3 in a heartbeat, as long as they don't cost more than $30-$40 a peice

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
Having recently acquired a mag charger from a co-worker (and a badly focused one at that), I can't figure out what is so great about the lights. A 6 cell light has more weight than my regular flashlight and collapsable baton together. My regular light is more useful (admittedly less throw, however) for work purposes as well. If I need that much throw at work, I will use the spot light attached to the car.

StudFreeman

Enlightened
I'd be down for one or two 6C's!

Shure, you can tweak the position of the bi-pin bulb in a magcharger. It has a tiny filament that makes a perfect round hotspot which throws nicely once aligned and focused properly

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Magcharger's really one of the best full-size incan flashlights out there. With a WA01160 it's 500 rechargeable lumens with a laser-like throw.

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
Though I own and love my Fenix TK41, the MagCharger is still my favourite torch.

Give it a bit of more modern technology-fast charging and an LED Module, upgrade the coating to Type III HA and it would be as good as anything IMHO out there.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
give it some time, i'm sure mag will come up with new MC,... in the year 2020. i hope i'm wrong about the date thou.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
A- 2C M*g with 2 protected 18650-3.1 and WA1111
B- M*gCharger with WA1160
C- 6C M*g with 6 rechargeables and ROP 3854 HO

When comparing 3 above lights, "A" is winner.
Much smaller, lighter in weight, easier to carry, quicker and easy to charge, easy to carry extra set of fresh batteries, good output and acceptable run time.

Last edited:

thatjeepguy

Newly Enlightened
I have my trusty 6 D-cell that has somehow been mentioned in every post I've made so far! I've never had a C-cell mainly because the availability of D over C. I know most of you guys seem to use rechargeable, and I hope to get into that world, but we all know that almost every gas station and truck stop in the US has at least 3 batteries in stock being AA, AAA, and D. I guess I just don't see the use of the C over the D. However, like Shurefire said they're both huge.

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
I'd be down for one or two 6C's!

Shure, you can tweak the position of the bi-pin bulb in a magcharger. It has a tiny filament that makes a perfect round hotspot which throws nicely once aligned and focused properly

I can't tell you the amount of time I have spent trying to do this. I can never get it right. I finally just bought the Malkoff Magcharger drop in and I am infinitely happier. Plus, my company paid for the drop-in, so it was like an early Christmas present!

af0h

Newly Enlightened
I too wondered about the value of the C over the D, but I picked up an old 5C Mag at a Flea Market last weekend for a song and dance. I like it! It seems to fit the hand better than the D-cell versions, at least for me anyway - and a bit lighter too. A new lens and reflector, and an overdriven 4-D bulb and it works like a champ (I didn't have any 5-cell bulbs on hand).

Whether they will re-release it or not is a hard question to answer, but I can say from personal experience that the C-models are A-OK in my book. I would definitely order a couple Mag 6C's, no question. I'd drop in a decent LED (if it came incandescent) and be good to go.

mag6c

Newly Enlightened
I see this thread is fairly old, but... Does anyone know when Maglite stopped making the 6C? I'm guessing they stopped making it because it makes a nice baton(?). Much better than the cumbersome/heavy D cells. With all the 'doomsday prepping' going on these days, I feel I'm not the only one who would love to have a few around!