XP-G2 tints?

Xak

Enlightened
Think there will be tints coming out? Lost my 4Sevens XP-G warm white mini CR2. Should I wait for a High CRI to come out in the Gen 2, or just get one that's available now?

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nailbender appears to have access to some different tints in his new thread he started specifically for the XP-G2 drop ins. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

chenko

Enlightened
Cutter seems to already have some without boards, just bare LED. I'm waiting for 4000k (5bin range) XP-G2 leds to be available with round boards for a mod. Can't wait :)

vermeire

Newly Enlightened
what does the tint have to do with the reflector working or not?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a pair of XP-G2's from Digikey. I put one in my sons Quark AA2 and the other in my daughters Xeno E03. You can definitely tell the difference in output and my 2 are a nice white hotspot with a warmish corona. I'm a tint snob and I approve of these. :bow:

davyro

Enlightened

I was thinking exactly the same,the only reason an XPG or XPG2 wouldn't work in a light with a reflector that was made for an XRE would be the XPG's might be slightly too big as the XRE is vey small.The difference isn't that much though & I'm sure you could easily rectify the problem if there was one.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Who said anything about the tint affecting the reflector? I was passing on additional information regarding the tints of my XP-G2's.

vermeire

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so it was two separate thoughts... I didn't read it that way. What XR-E light did you try an XP-G2 in? I thought about putting one olin my Nitecore D20.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried putting the XP-G2 in some of my old smooth reflector lights, as I like throw. The problem was that I was unable to focus it properly. Therefore the beam wasn't as smooth or as uniformed as I would like. This resulted in very small improvements. I ended up installing XR-E R2 in them, as they originally had Q5's.

I haven't tried with an OP reflector, so it may work well in your Nitecore D10? I have 3 x P3D's by Fenix and I am able to open two of them. The third one has an OP reflector and that is the only one I am unable to open. I spoke to David Chow at the time and he said that some of them can't be opened :(

The XP-G2 works really well in larger smooth reflector XP-G lights that are driven harder.