recommendations on a surefire g2

wrc65

Newly Enlightened
Got a good deal on a surefire g2 and am pumped about it. I know they accept all p60 drop ins and know that it is a weak heatsink. I just want a bunch of flood out of it and am not sure which led is best for me. I would jump on the xml wagon but im not entirely convinced on its spill with a smooth reflector. I know about the malkoffs but really am just experimenting and dont want to through another $60 towards this light. Any recommendations for a good drop in which will give me plenty of flood and a decent runtime?

RWD13

Newly Enlightened
I have to say I thought the same about the smooth reflector not giving good flood but I bought it and it has great flood (if your talking about the cheaper ones from china Japan shenzen and all that) I love the flood and throw of it in my G2 I will say that I don't leave it on for more than 5 minutes because it starts to get pretty warm and I've taken the drop in out to see how hot it gets and it will burn the crap out of you.. But for the price and for short uses at a time I think it's great. I'm actually going to be buying a warm white XML for my G3.

Now the one in my G2 does have a small little dark spot in the center which is so small I didn't notice it until I was pointing it at a wall. You can focus it out but then I can't screw the head down completely and it leaves enough room for a fingernail between the head and body.