Single mode replacement for Olight i3 EOS?

jbrett14

Enlightened
Anyone know if anybody is making a single-mode 1xaaa light that would compare to the output of my Olight i3 EOS.

A while back I got some of the iTP models that were single mode, but now it appears they all have multi-modes. I just want one with high mode only.

Suggestions appreciated.

BarryG

Enlightened
Sounds like you are looking for a Peak Eiger, just pick your output and body material.
How much is "High"? Spark SK7 has 35 lumen and Fenix EO5 is 27 lumens, both single mode.

Barry

jbrett14

Enlightened
Well, I was hoping to keep it near the output of the Olight that I have been using, which is 80+.

I think it would be difficult for me to go back to a dimmer light, now that I have been using the iTP\Olight lights. They are VERY bright for their size. I just don't like the multi-modes.

BarryG

Enlightened
You can get the Eiger with output's of up to 225 Lumens using a 10440 and 75 wwith AAA. Aluminum, stainless, brass or Ti.
Eiger Ultra is 85 with AAA
em-mgt<dot>com

Barry

jbrett14

Enlightened
Thanks Barry. Looks like a nice light, but too much money for me. Guess I am out of luck on this one.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear where your coming from on wanting the output but with the diffused lens that the E05 uses it seems like more than 30 lumens, I think it's the best AAA keychain light and the beam is very wide and floody so it looks plenty bright and runs forever on one cell, for that price if your searching for a "best of" keychain light it's worth a shot.

BarryG

Enlightened
Have you been to Lighthound and saw the Aurora R2 or the SolarForce X3 yet?

Barry

jbrett14

Enlightened
Thanks for the post.

I did find that Aurora light on another site, but have not yet been able to verify if it's a single mode light. I didn't see where the SolarForce was either.

They both look like they would do the job for the right price. Just need to verify if they are single mode. Anyone know?

Would love any input from owners of either of these lights.

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered 3 ThruNite Ti lights since they were on sale for under $10 ea. They're just as bright as my Olight i3 and iTP A3 R5.

http://www.thrunite-store.com/thrunite-ti-xp-e-led-aaa-flashlight.html

It has a low and high level but you twist to get to low and keep twisting to get to high. I'm with you about having only one mode as I use high on my A3 90% of the time. The ThruNite is my new EDC/keychain light.

jbrett14

Enlightened
I just ordered 3 ThruNite Ti lights since they were on sale for under $10 ea. They're just as bright as my Olight i3 and iTP A3 R5.

http://www.thrunite-store.com/thrunite-ti-xp-e-led-aaa-flashlight.html

It has a low and high level but you twist to get to low and keep twisting to get to high. I'm with you about having only one mode as I use high on my A3 90% of the time. The ThruNite is my new EDC/keychain light.

Thanks a bunch. I just ordered 4. Couldn't pass up on that price. Looks easy enough to twist right into high with one twist.

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
No prob. I found the deal on cpfmarketplace.

I've had it for a few days now and the first thing I noticed is that the light output is tighter than the A3 (XPG-R5 vs XPE). I prefer the A3 output but really like the convenience of the Ti interface. The turn from low to high is less than 1/8th turn and can be easily manipulated with one hand. I sold my LD01 because it was almost impossible to use with one hand and the main reason I liked the A3 so much. The Ti is only a fraction harder to turn with one hand than the A3 but I always thought the A3 was almost too easy to turn. Physically, it's almost identical to the Fenix E01, maybe a couple of mm longer and no ability to tailstand if that matters to you (then the Olight i3 is for you).

The best part is the price right now. For $10, you can't beat it. Free shipping with orders over $25 (which is why I ordered 3).

jbrett14

Enlightened
The tighter output should not be a problem as I often need to see into dark narrow places at a distance, which a tighter beam might actually help, although I have been more than happy with the light output of the iTP & the Olight.

I really like the sounds of the UI as it doesn't require multiple twists back-and-forth.

As for the inability to tail-stand, that doesn't matter to me at all, so I should be good there.

Thanks again for the info. I should be getting mine sometime this week.

5CardBLAZE

Newly Enlightened
I've been fooling around with the Fenix E05.
I esteem the brightness bang-out-of-order at two hours ( Alkaline ) ---- the last bit is too dim compared to its glorious former self!!

For head-to-head comparison to my Fenix E05, I'm now seriously looking to the Spark SK7.
Who likes the Spark ? Is its one brightness mode flicker free like the E05 ?
Is the Spark a true large flooder, for easy reading of Bus-Stop pole timetables ?
Is the Spark 0.4mm thinner than the E05 and is it 1mm shorter than the E05 ?

Fishing for input here . . . . . . .