• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired REDUCED: McGizmo McLux III PD modded by DatiLED with a neutral XM-L

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for grabs is a McLux III PD-S (slate) that was sent to DatiLED for one of his expert mods. He cleaned it up, adjusted the switch and installed an XML, T4 Bin, 4500k and boosted the 'high' level current to 1A.

I absolutely love this light and would not sell it but, I have another one in titanium that I was going to sell and decided to have modded instead. I am going to let someone else enjoy this one for a while. It's condition is very good - no deep scratches or dents - maybe some surface level markings, but nothing that 'violated' the anno. This light should be put into use - the beam is AMAZING - better than most XMLs I've seen, and measured approx 240 lumen.
I make no claims that this is a shelf queen or 'perfect.' If you are looking for perfection and are picky - if any little marks will upset you, I respectfully request that you search elsewhere. But if you are looking for an awesome specimen of a PD, brought up to date with a current emitter and increased output, here you go.

$400 shipped CONUS. NOW $325 ... DELIVERED
Pictures and insight for this modification are courtesy of run4jc

P1030370.JPG

P1030371.JPG

P1030372.JPG

P1030373.JPG

P1030374.JPG

P1030375.JPG

P1030376.JPG

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: McGizmo McLux III PD modded by DatiLED with a neutral XM-L

Absolutely highly recommend this. DatiLED also upgraded my TiPD and my Al PD with neutral XM-Ls, talk about breathing new life into an excellent classic. I would have a hard time parting with either of mine.

Not only is the flashlight great, but Karl is excellent to deal with, I've done numerous trades & purchases over the last couple of years with Karl.

Highly recommended deal.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I forgot all about this one...Let's move this one for $325 shipped worldwide! DatiLED is going to mod my Ti PD-S so I don't need this one anymore!

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think you will find a nicer one to actually use. I wanted to keep this one and sell the Ti PD-S but Derrek offered to build me the ultimate PD to replace this one. run4jc had this one commissioned by DatiLED and if it doesn't sell, I don't mind a bit. I had this light in my Harley pouch and alternate between a Ti Nautilus.

Last edited:

dixemon

Enlightened
Great tint in a great form factor. One of the best all time edc's.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2