Surefire G2 problem

Rifter

Enlightened
Hello, i got a surefire G2 for my girlfriend for x-mas and the tailcap seem to be broken. the button is not springy like my M2 tailcap and sometimes remains on by itself when you take your finger off the button no matter how far i unscrew the tailcap. and it takes very little force to turn the light on and it keeps going on by itself in her pocket, which is a good way to eat up expensive batteries. I e-mailed surefire but have yet to recieve a response, anyhting i should try? i tried to put my M2 tailcap on to test but it doesnt seem to fit.

guncollector

Enlightened
Rifter-

The button on my G2's are not "springy", like on my metallic Surefires either.

I've had the "sticky" button problem too. Try stretching out the tailcap spring just a touch, and make sure it firmly seated in the tailcap before screwing the tailcap back on. Screw the tailcap on to 'constant-on', and then unscrew off. Works for me.

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
I believe that Al stated that the G2Z tailcap did infact work on the G2. The problem was that a fair amount of threads show even when in the constant-on position. Someone please correct me if I have mis-interpreted Al's statement or am totally off base here.

Respectfully,
Dale

Rifter

Enlightened
I already tried that just without the stretching part but i will give it a shot, are there any springy tailcaps that will fit the g2? i know my M2 one doesnt fit very well.

rycen

Enlightened
I had an older G2 and it was springy like my 6P.The new G2 has a larger diamrter swithch(the part that the rubber goes over)I called surefire to report this prob before I compared the old switch with the mew and saw the difference in size.I was then told by Steve Ryan(head engineer) that the mew onnes were made larger because people complained that it would fall out when they changed the batts,he also told me that this change was to make the light more waterproof.I asked him If I could have a couple of the original for my remaining G2s and he said he would send me some but that was 2 months ago and I still have yet to receive anything

rycen

Enlightened
BN,
I know there is not a LOTC at this time for the G2.Al stated in another thread that the LOTC on the G2Z would not work on the G2.