P91 vs MN11

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the 25 lumen difference, how does the beam of the P91 compare with the MN11 beam? Anyone own both at the same time?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are close, the MN11 is a bit more intense with a larger hotspot. I don't have a shot of them, I do have a shot of the MN10 vs P90 though.
frown.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Sean. My P90 beam is round with an oval hotspot, as is my P91. Looks different than yours, wonder why, different batch I guess.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could do this for you, but the P91 I just recieved is seriously out of spec. The bulb is loose and the beam reminds me of a banana. Sure aint supposed to be like that!
rolleyes.gif

Whether I`ll get a replacement is another question but SFCS are hopefully aware of it by now so we`ll see. I would like to think they`ll make it right.

I also had an odd P90. The beam looks just like an eye! Very oval, kind of off center, sharp hotspot, ring-like distortions surrounding in the peripheral light. Not at all like the old P90 I remember my 9Z having, before I dropped it that is!

And there was me thinking 3 foot drops onto wood floors wouldnot hurt a Surefire lamp.....

rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a bad P91 recently too, fresh out of the sealed bag, dark areas and rings. They replaced it for me without any hassle.

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
even though their customer service is good, the surefire products are not supposed to be like that.

moreover, the shape of the replacement LA beam remains banana shaped and virtually the same as the stock LA.

For the price I paid, I expect a round or slightly oval shape beam, not a elongated banana shaped beam.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Bought a new P91 LA 2 weeks ago and it was bi*chin in my "baby" out in the desert for the New year's campout. Lit-up my hill bigtime, and the sky, for that matter. Out there, beam artifacts don't seem to show or matter.

Larry