Looking for a LED replacement for a 2605LM bulb

blacksmithtech

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

I have tried searching but my google-fu is weak. I am a firefighter and have been using an old school Pelican HeadsUp Lite. It uses a 2605 LM Krypton bulb, problem is it eats batteries. My department would like to upgrade to a LED bulb on these and I thought perhaps the gurus here would have an idea.

Thanks for the time, Mike

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just doing a search myself I found several models of HeadsUp lites from Pelican, including an LED version...perhaps you could be more specific as to which model you have?

Personally I would think it to be a better idea to simply replace the lights with a newer LED headlight either from Pelican or another company.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the time those lights use high output incan lamps in a polymer body. This is a bad situation for LED's, as the high power ones don't like being enclosed in a plastic body with no heatsinking. PR style replacement lamps are unlikely to be anywhere near bright enough, and bi-pin LED replacements are unheard of. I'd have to go with the previous suggestion of upgrading to new headlamps, or dealing with having to change batteries often. Another thing to consider is that the blue rich light from most LED headlamps tends to cause more noticable glare in smoke and fog.