Surefire Spares Carrier SC1

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
I have found this for $11 from Botach, but I didn't want to pay such high shipping costs...any better sources online? Total from botach would be around $19 (item plus $8 ground shipping). I have had good experiances with them, so that has yet to be an issue.

I couldn't find it on brightguy.

Also, is this even worth it? What happened to the hurricane device? Any pics of that in operation?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Is it worth it? Hard to say...it provides a pretty tight seal, so you don't have to smell the lithium batteries (grin...see my other thread).

One thing to point out is that you need to have six batteries in it, or the bulb will not stay put. No taking a few batteries out to save weight.

I got mine from brightguy (a long time ago), just call and ask them for it.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend it. It is a great tool for carrying extra batteries, carrying an extra bulb is optional.

Try Tactical Warehouse. They do free shipping if your order is over $50, otherwise give Dan a call and ask him if he can work out a resonable shipping charge. I'm sure it will work out better than Botach's price.

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
Try Tim Flanagan from Nor'east Knives, [email protected]

I'm considering the sc1 & 2 mostly for carrying a spare a bulb the sc2 is for MN30, does it worth buying for my purpose?

There is other carrying tool available?

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Sean, I'll try that...and the other recommendations...Its ok to have the 6 cell requirement, because that just means buying more 123s....

I found one site that said the Hurricane provides hours of 3 lumen light..anyone want to fill me in on this gadget?

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
LPS Tactical has free shipping with no minimum and carries them. I've had good luck with them so far.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the SC1 but traded it the first day I got it. For the price, I got a Pelican 1010 case instead and leave it in my car. I put 6-8 123's in there, extra LA, 8 AAAs, and OEM bezel from E2e. Much tougher than the SC1 IMO.

kev1-1

Enlightened
I have the SC1...but I would really like something which has a belt clip and lets you easily carry spare 123's where ever you are!
grin.gif

avusblue

Enlightened
I'll admit I was a little disappointed with the SC1 also. The spare lamp is not secured in the middle, it just sits there loose, and the overall shape of the thing isn't that handy. Mine just sits in my flashlight drawer.

logical

Newly Enlightened
kev1-1-

Look at the "ripoffs" brand holster stuff online. I had the same thought and think one of their pager holsters would be perfect to carry two 123s. I am just not sure which one...probably the smallest they make.....maybe the CO-81?

http://www.ripoffs.com/pagers.htm

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
V8toyo, good idea. i looked at the pelican 1010 after seeing your post, much potential. if i didn't already have an SC1 i would probably get one.

my SC is in my glove box, the round design takes up less space. i like mine just fine, but i did add a piece of foam for the lamp cause it carries my E2E lamp. i didn't know it rattles with a p60 in it.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC1 is perfect for the glove compartment or backpack. For those times when you want to carry a couple of 123's on the belt, I use an EMT glove pouch. It's really small, unobtrusive, and you can fit 2 or more 123's, and other stuff in it. I wrap the 123's in saran wrap to waterproof them (I learned this from Botach, who sent my 20 Toshiba's to me wrapped in saran wrap..lol). It's a very small pouch that's light, flexible, and strong, you hardly know it's there. I got it at an Army Navy store for $5. It's made for carrying a pair of latex gloves.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
I like the look of that 1010 Pelican case....Considering it is submersible to 50 feet, has an automatic pressure purge valve, dust proof and crush proof, and I have found it for $7.17....I think Surefire has some competition.

Perhaps if Surefire is listening, it might do them well to team up with Pelican to make a new SC.

Of course, Pelican has their own lights and they have not yet made a carrier for their stuff.

http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/detail_pelican_1010.html

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
recon, thanks for the site. it's set up very well with great comparisons, photos and descriptions. good price too. i have an sc1 but i might have to buy a micro 1010.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Thats what I'm thinking...Actually, I'm looking at some of the bigger ones, and cutting out perfect shapes for not just batteries and lamps, but also some other useful items.

Kind of like a mini survival / bugout box.

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Just a couple of things to note:

1. In the case of my SC1, the P-60 and P-61 fit securely in the center of the carrier and do not rattle at all. The thing is rock solid.

2. If you for some reason find the need to remove access weight from the SC1, three batteries can be removed to leave the remaining three spaced evenly around the circumference of the carrier. The lamp will then continue to rest securely without rattle of the lamp or batteries.

I find that the SC1 serves as an awsome carrying accessory, especially when camping or hunting when stored in a pack. It also makes a useful storage container to put in your glovebox for emergencies.

Respectfully,
Dale

rlhess

Enlightened
I have two SC1s and an SC2 and like them.

One SC1 is in my shoulder bag and has a spare lamp (60 lm) for the E2e and 6 123s.

The second SC1 holds a spare P90 for the 9P "trio" although I also have a P91 and backup I could use. The SC2 holds a spare N2 for the SRTH turbohead. The three lights, the two SCs, and a "tube" of other spare items: two standard 9P bezels protecting the P91s plus the clikie tailcap plus lanyards all fit in a relatively small pouch.

Cheers,

Richard