p60 Drop in Holster/Case

MagicDot

Newly Enlightened
My search-fu didn't bring up anything relevant so I figured I'd just ask outright..

I have a Surefire 6p, bored from Oveready and I also have the extender/batteries to make it a 9p.. I'm going camping soon and would like the option of carrying all the accessories.. the batteries and extender I'm not worried about because they'll stay in a pouch, but I was wondering if anyone made a holster or a tube of some substantial material to protect carrying another p60 drop in. I think I'm correct in thinking that the Surefire carry case itself won't fit one of the custom drop ins because it has a spring.. ..so I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

[edit]: ..thinking back on when I got my first drop in from Nailbender, I believe it came in a pretty substantial cardboard tube.. ..when I get my new one, I think I'll just do a fiberglass wrap around the tube and give it a good over all soak in resin.. ..that should do the trick.. ..maybe find a bottle w/ cap that will match and bind it all together for a water-tight seal..

..plus. I just love huffing those resin and bondo fumes..

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

But if anyone has any other suggestions (I'm still going to huff those bondo fumes anyway) I'd be happy to hear.

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire carries an SC1 spares carrier that holds 6 123s and a p60 lamp.
Another suggestion would be a prescription bottle....I have a couple of p60s stored in pill bottles with some foam that I cut out on both ends of the tube to keep the lamp from rattling around.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also get a small Pelican case with the foam and cut out the relevant storage space. Expensive, but just about bomb-proof.

If you have another P60-style host lying around, just drop your spare module into the empty host and use that. In an absolute pinch, with extra batteries, that could also be a second light.

You could also take a host with you to your local sporting goods/camping/travel store - or any store that sells plastic bottles. You should be able to compare sizes and find a plastic pill bottle that fits your P60 dropin. A little foam padding on the top and bottom and you're good. Maybe a rubber band to secure the top, just in case. EtA: or, what the poster above me said. Sorry, I missed that when I was typing.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The SF spares carrier only carries 'sprung', narrower P60-type Lamp assemblies and won't fit our LED modules.
The only good carrier that I can think of is another flashlight - and that's where I keep my spare cells, too. :crazy:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SF spares carrier only carries 'sprung', :crazy:

I prefer the winter drop-ins... (okay, 1/2 bottle of wine tonight - lousy joke).

Aside from another light, pelican or prescription bottles are the way to go - depending if you want/need waterproof or not.

When you think of all that - smaller to just bring another light like Kestrel noted. I do have a Ti 18650 carrier from Oveready & just ordered some of their Delrin ones. I typically go with the 2xIMR 18350s for the high drain triples so I want to be able to carry extras....

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
What, those thin plastic memory card cases? lol

Nope.

35mm_film_canister.jpg

Believe it or not, they work really well. They are a little taller than P60 drop-ins, but their diameters are perfect. You just need to find a piece of styrofoam to fill in the gap so it doesn't move up and down.

As a matter of fact, Dereelight ships out their drop-ins in transparent canisters when you purchase directly from them.

jaycyu

Enlightened
Solarforce recently started selling small P60 drop-in cases.
They're about $2 each. I got 10, and it's a bit pricey.
The containers are thick clear plastic, with a twist cap.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huh. Even with the product in front of me, I still can't find it on their website.

So I don't feel quite so bad as I did before. ;)

Thanks!