Very cool military case for my Acebeam K75

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Check out this military "precision instrument" case that I ran onto in an antique shop. Built like a tank, with heavy duty handles, corners & latches, piano hinge, and dovetail joints. I got it for a great price, being the negotiator that I am, because it had been possibly dropped or hit, and one of the joints was a little loose. I forced indoor / outdoor wood glue into the joint & clamped it, and reinforced around the joints inside with a hot glue gun, and it's probably stronger than it was when new. I added the stick on thick green felt to the feet and the top lid where a piece of foam had been. I figured I'd find some use for it at some point.

Well, look what fits PERFECTLY into it. My foam inserts from my Acebeam K75 box. It's a perfect case for that light when I go camping, etc.

It would be nice to get a spare set of foam in case mine wears out someday - I may contact Acebeam and see if they would provide a set of inserts or an empty box with them.

Check it out.

7CRujiP.jpg

5xwE7Nr.jpg

jBPwxns.jpg

pn6B2HK.jpg

WwC0LA8.jpg

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Check out this military "precision instrument" case that I ran onto in an antique shop. Built like a tank, with heavy duty handles, corners & latches, piano hinge, and dovetail joints ...

View attachment 47501

Imagine the discussion at the TSA security checkpoint, at the airport, next time you're flying:

TSA: "What's in the case, sir? A $15K mid-format camera with lens? A Ming vase?"
You: "My flashlight."
TSA: "Yeah right ..."

Cool looking box, though. I like it. :clap:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone allegedly took a Led Lenser X21 or X21R through an AUS/NZ airport and it was thought to be a rocket launcher. It was taken apart and packaged as seprate pieces then returned to the owner upon arrival.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just be careful of ANY foam. That stuff looks like polyethylene foam which is pretty good, but polyurethane foam is known to breakdown into goo after a few years, the time varies a lot.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Just be careful of ANY foam. That stuff looks like polyethylene foam which is pretty good, but polyurethane foam is known to breakdown into goo after a few years, the time varies a lot.

Thanks folks, and Louie, you are correct. I've seen the foam rubber material that has degraded into a tar like substance. In fact, the piece of foam inside the lid of the wooden box, where I attached the green felt, was on its way to that point. Seems like usually it's the more dense & dark colored foam in the instances that I've seen. When it starts getting less springy, it's starting to happen.

But in actuality, I really only use the wooden box for the light if I take it on a camping trip, etc., when I pack it into my camping trailer or the back of the truck.

For storing the light around the house, or putting it in & out of the vehicle for short excursions, I use a really nice padded canvas bag / case that Imalent makes for their larger lights. It has nice thick padding all the way around, including the ends, an inner zippered pocket, and 2 velcro straps inside to keep the light from falling out if you forget to zip it closed. It's easier to carry than the box, and has a shoulder strap if needed. The K75 fits perfectly into the bag, even with the extra metal handle attached. I paid $18.95 for the bag, and I highly recommend it. As an added bonus (after Imalent pissed me off), it makes me feel good every time I put a light from another company into their bag. Acebeam got the ~$350, and Imalent got the $18.95 - customer service matters. 😁

VRpn0pO.jpg