Fenix PD32 UE Video review and comparisons

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my video review of the PD32 Ultimate Edition. There will be another video coming soon. I have the footage for the next video I am just about to start putting it together ready to be uploaded to Youtube. I hope these videos prove useful or interesting to people either looking to buy one or just for the interest of seeing different lights...

The following video compares the new Ultimate Edition to the previous original model in terms of colour rendition and usefulness for walking etc:

This video shows you a comparison between 7 different Fenix lights I have in my possession currently.
It really shows you the differences in beam colour/size/intensity (all were set to maximum brightness...)

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix PD32 UE Video review

thanks, so very much; about to watch . will reply in a while...
cheers techwg!. have a great neutral evening...:candle:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

just watched them both and added the first replies. thank you. good review from rainy UK. it's surely better than the normal PD32, really. throw means nothing compared to how good it is. you got to love this 32UE.

cheers...nice one!...

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, I typically am a throwaholic but I think this light has converted me lol.. It can be frustrating trying to go walking with a TK15 because of how little you get to see around where you are immediately about to walk. So I can really appreciate the extra wide beam these days. Plus that colour is to die for lol.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for your videos and comparisons between the original and UE PD32! :thumbsup:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still remember the video you did between the R2 XRE and R4 XPG versions.
Nice work on this one as well, great to see real world beam shot comparisons.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still remember the video you did between the R2 XRE and R4 XPG versions.
Nice work on this one as well, great to see real world beam shot comparisons.

Thanks. I always like to try and give some kind of comparison to help out. Sometimes all it takes is seeing something to know its right for you. I have spoken to friends and family about having a decent light and sometimes it takes demonstrations to convince, other times I have had to give someone one of my older lights and then they are hooked on nice stuff lol.

Videos like these are always welcome to people looking to buy a new tool/toy :D

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I figured they would all be sold out by now, but yesterday when I was searching I found at least 3 places that showed them in stock.. Are they making more than originally thought?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think they made a good run, that's all. lots.
im sure soon they will all be gone .

I figured they would all be sold out by now, but yesterday when I was searching I found at least 3 places that showed them in stock.. Are they making more than originally thought?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had the other cool white PD32. this one is way better.
always neutral from now on, always.
hope to see what the next PD is...

thanks.
Only just got this torch two days ago, and it just amazing. Best compact torch I ever had! Excellent review:D

Sent from John Boy

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
Why did they use a T6 instead of a U2? Doesn't seem to make any sense, when they released the U2 TK41 so close the PD32UE...

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, that's what I think too.
would the neutral U2 be the same colour as T6 ?. what would be the difference apart from the 20% light increase?.
would neutral stay the same?.
thanks.
maybe the next PD will be U2.

Why did they use a T6 instead of a U2? Doesn't seem to make any sense, when they released the U2 TK41 so close the PD32UE...

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast

The highest flux bin with neutral tint for XM-L is T6 bin. Neutral white XM-L U2 bin doesn't exist. And, with the release of XM-L2, the first-generation XM-L will probably not be progressing any further.

Besides, the difference in output between T6 and U2 bins are 7%--marginal at best. You aren't even going to notice it with your eyes.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, so what could possibly be the next neutral white in the fenix range? still a T6?.
i know there is an XM-L2 in neutral white if im correct....maybe that?.

thanks.

The highest flux bin with neutral tint for XM-L is T6 bin. Neutral white XM-L U2 bin doesn't exist. And, with the release of XM-L2, the first-generation XM-L will probably not be progressing any further.

Besides, the difference in output between T6 and U2 bins are 7%--marginal at best. You aren't even going to notice it with your eyes.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
XM-L2 is available in lower CCT, but rated at lower flux bins.

The highest flux bin for XM-L2 is U2, at the moment. Compared to XM-L U2, XM-L2 U2 puts out 20% more light. The same principle will apply to the neutral whites, as well. (XM-L2 with neutral white tint will generate 20% higher output than XM-L T6 NW)

And, to be honest, PD32UE came out a few weeks ago, so don't expect it to be updated too soon.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks , would that 20% more light really make a difference ?.
worth sticking with T6 ?.
thanks for all that.
appreciated ...

XM-L2 is available in lower CCT, but rated at lower flux bins.

The highest flux bin for XM-L2 is U2, at the moment. Compared to XM-L U2, XM-L2 U2 puts out 20% more light. The same principle will apply to the neutral whites, as well. (XM-L2 with neutral white tint will generate 20% higher output than XM-L T6 NW)

And, to be honest, PD32UE came out a few weeks ago, so don't expect it to be updated too soon.