fa9f9d73.jpg

Bigger picture

Short video showing flashing sequence (~14 seconds):
http://members.iinet.net.au/~unimelb/310_1066.AVI
(Right click, then select save as..)

-YC

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now now.. do I smell a ARC AAA RGB transplant? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NightShift

Enlightened
I think it would be cool if someone made something like the inova X5T with diff color LEDs that would make circular pattern effects like its rolling, maybe more LEDs if needed, just for the effect. Is there anything out there like that?

Brlux

Enlightened
Where did you get the RGB LED's from. Is it the same one used in the Arc RGB AAA?

illumiGeek

Enlightened
I've been playing with these RGB LEDs for a while, and actually did a mod that is more than a novelty. Yes, a useful, practical RGB mod!

I have several of the Tek-Tite Mark Lites (basically an environmentally and economically friendly chemical light stick alternative). By default they are an incandescent single-AA light with pretty pittiful output.

RGB_ML1.JPG

I modded several with "super bright" LEDs of various colors (Blue, White, Green, Purple/Pink), then got some replacement lamps to cannibalize and did some wilder ones like UV and RGB. The UV one by itself is pretty useless, but it gets interesting when I put various flourescent materials up inside the glow cone.

The RGB one on the other hand is a really excellent marker light. Eye catching, without being irritating like strobe type flashing markers are.

Here's an animated GIF showing the 3 colors.
Tek_Tite.gif

And a Quicktime movie of the RGB sequence (5MB)

It's a very cool marker light now, and quite mezmerizing to watch ('course, some flashaholics find a plain old white flashlight mezmerizing to watch). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Aloha, iG