Fenix ARE-C1 charger LED question

PhillyAnt

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks! I have a question regarding this charger. I put my batteries in and the lights on this unit have been blinking red/green for about 45 minutes now. I know that they are supposed to do that initially to check the status of the batteries, but for how long? I am wondering if I have a defective unit or if maybe I am doing something wrong. I know that its supposed to be solid red when charging and solid green when full. I got my TK75 yesterday and am using a brand new set of the Fenix ARB-L2 batteries in it. I was using the flashlight for about 10 minutes last night and then this morning I woke up and decided to make sure the batteries have a nice full charge in them for work. Do you think the LEDs are blinking because the batteries have too much power in them? Are they fully energized straight from the factory? Should I not be charging them so soon?

Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I got my ARB-L2 they must have been charged though I'm not sure if fully charged. I used them for several days and a few hours before having to charge them again.
You might be right and the constant blinking might be because the batteries are nearly at full charge. Try using your 18650 for a couple of days to bring down the charge and then try charging them again. The best would be to check their charge assuming you have a multi-meter. to do that

PhillyAnt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks. I used the flashlight a lot and drained them down. I still have the same response from the charger. Its just blinking red/green. I will email fenix and share with you their response.

On another note, the TK75 wont stay in its "turbo" mode for more than 5-10 seconds. I am not talking about after its been on for a while and hot either. It has a 3 minute(?) safety timer and then its supposed to reset into a lower mode. It wont last 10 seconds and I am really disappointed.

PhillyAnt

Newly Enlightened
I use the Fenix ARB-L2 18650 2600mAh cells. I just noticed that when I put 1 battery in the charger that the red charge light goes on and it seems to charge correctly. When there are 2 batteries in there it just stays blinking red and green. Any ideas? Maybe a bad charger? I purchased everything from EdisonBright through Amazon.com. I actually just tried to contact the company I got it from but Amazon has no contact info for them to give me. I am glad Amazon's service is so good. They offered to give me a full refund on everything with free shipping back if I want. I am happy with the other Fenix lights I own. I am disappointed in this past purchase though.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have other charger were to try to charge the battery? Can you try to make a measurent of the voltage of the battery? Maybe the voltage is too low and the protection circuit kick off.

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D