Are Batterypacks.com or IMRBatteries.com Reputable Sellers?

NorCal707

Newly Enlightened
Both are offering Samsung 50E 21700 5000mAh 9.8A Batteries for way less than other Sellers which leads me to think the cells may not be genuine Samsung. Tried searching the forums here but turned up nothing. Anyone know whether these two Companies are legit or scammers?

Ocelot808

Enlightened
I can vouch for IMRbatteries being a legit liion supplier. I have purchased many Samsung cells from them that appear genuine Grade A with the proper markings and more importantly solid rated performance. It makes sense that they pass on savings by bulk purchasing.

NorCal707

Newly Enlightened
I can vouch for IMRbatteries being a legit liion supplier. I have purchased many Samsung cells from them that appear genuine Grade A with the proper markings and more importantly solid rated performance. It makes sense that they pass on savings by bulk purchasing.
Just noticed something weird - both sites offer a free battery case with a purchase of two cells. When I click on the link @ batterypacks.com, it opens on the IMRBatteries.com site.???

Ocelot808

Enlightened
It makes sense that they might actually be the same entity with 2 DBAs. One selling the bare cells and the other custom assembled packs.

Other sources I use and trust are 18650batterystore.com, liionwholesale.com, batteryjunction.com, and ilumn.

NorCal707

Newly Enlightened
Well, I placed an order with Batterypacks.com for two of the Samsung 50E 21700's for my beautiful new Convoy L21B SFT40 5000K Thrower that I just received from Simon yesterday. I asked before I ordered if the cells were genuine Samsung and they replied, "We only provide original cells, not rewrap cells. Please be aware that many manufacturers have changed the date code format."

Any idea what the blurb about the date code format means?