Best long throw flashlight for Arcaholic?

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. As you can see by the subject line, I am an Arcaholic. I love the design, durability and most of all, the perfect beam (especially my LSH-P's). I am in the market for a long throw light and would like some input. From what I have read LED's are not the best when it comes to throw. First, will the upcoming LS4 and LS5 be anywhere near the throw of an incandescent light? If not, which incandescent light would you suggest? Keep in mind that the light must have a beam as close to the ARC LS as possible, must be good looking and must be durable/waterproof. I had a PT Tec40 (not a long throw light) and gave it to my dad when I got my ARC LSH-P, the beam was just too ugly. Thanks for any input.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Doh! I forgot one of the most important things, size! The light must be reasonably small. Not EDC small, but not as big as a Mag 4C light either. Thanks.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you want a commercial light or are you willing to go with a homemade light? A luxeon in a Pelican M6 reflector throws a long way, and produces a very nice beam. Pelican should be selling these premade in the next few weeks, though the commercial verision will have a resistored 1-watt LED. A Luxeon III with a regulator circuit will give you the most throw, while a 5-watt luxeon with regulation will give you almost as much throw and a lot more sidespill light.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
I want a commercial light. I like having a warranty available when needed.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you want a beam of power and purity in a less than Mag 4C size then I suggest - M3T with N2 (or Z3+SRTH with N2), M4 with N62, or 9NT (discontinued).

The M6 MN20 will be awesome for your as well I think!

Al

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you just need a little more throw than the LSH-P check out the new LSH-P with Fraen optics. There are some beamshots in the Arc Forum. IIRC, the LS4 will have a more flood like beam.