Your favorite / best / coolest / nicest flashlight of 2023?

ChibiM

Enlightened
The year is almost to its end...

What is/are your best flashlight(s) of 2023. (Must be bought/received in 2023)

Can be in any category, or multiple categories, including headlamps, bike lights.

For example:

Best EDC: x flashlight
Best budget: y flashlights
Best keychain: z flashlight

Please use the full name of the flashlight.
Eg: Acebeam TK16 and not: Tk16

Here are the ones CPF members liked in past years:

Best of 2022

Best of 2021

Best of 2020

Best of 2019

Best of 2018

Best of 2017

Best of 2016

Best of 2015

Best of 2014

Best of 2013

Best EDC of 2012

bykfixer

Flashaholic
See 2016 for mine. I'm still using those. Sure I've added some to the car or around the house like more big Maglites.

The coolest for 2023 was an incan 7AA number called "the Brute" and I did add a 50 something lumen Microstream.

Last edited:

NRiyo3

Newly Enlightened
Modded Zebralight H503c 519a 2700K DD 2150K. An amazing late night Mule.

Attachments

• IMG_9402.jpeg
    IMG_9402.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9403.jpeg
    IMG_9403.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 59

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Fenix TK20R V2.0
Jetbeam M64
Acebeam X80GT-2

All 3 have been very impressive in doing what they were designed to do ... and as per my liking, no exposed charge ports.

rgcurrey

Newly Enlightened
Best budget is easy for me, Black Friday I picked up an ACEBEAM TAC AA for $24. Outstanding little light with a type C rechargeable battery included.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nicest definitely is the HDS Rotary. First new selector-ring light I've picked up in a decade or so.

Most surprising is various Streamlight Strion models. I knew they were good but this is a fantastic little flashlight. The DS HL is especially nice. Also surprised the xenon verison didn't get more traction on CPF in the '00s.

Worst is the Streamlight SL-15X. These things might be the worst police duty flashlight ever made. But I knew that when I bought it--hard to find ones now that didn't end up in the trash.

Favorite, dunno. I got a lot of unusual stuff for my collection this year so there's a lot to choose from.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most surprising is various Streamlight Strion models. I knew they were good but this is a fantastic little flashlight. The DS HL is especially nice.

DS-HL. BINGO! I can't improve on that choice in any respect, and couldn't for twice the money. (I tried and failed.) It's on my shortest list of best flashlight purchases ever, and quite possibly at the top of that list.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
DS-HL. BINGO! I can't improve on that choice in any respect, and couldn't for twice the money. (I tried and failed.) It's on my shortest list of best flashlight purchases ever, and quite possibly at the top of that list.
It's great, isn't it? For me personally there's one big improvement they could make--I don't like flashlights with UIs you have to click through. One reason I like the Stinger 2020 so much is the level switch. The Strion could use a selector ring or some other kind of power control.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
One reason I like the Stinger 2020 so much is the level switch.
That switch on the 2020 is rather unique, and I absolutely agree it is a major plus to use!! It probably takes up some real estate inside though, and given the space available, might not be practical to do in the Strion(?), but it's a perfect 'fit' for the 2020 application.

Reactions: hsa

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most surprising is various Streamlight Strion models. I knew they were good but this is a fantastic little flashlight. The DS HL is especially nice. Also surprised the xenon verison didn't get more traction on CPF in the '00s.
I love my first gen xenon Strion. It is like a Minimag on steroids.