FourSevens Quark XPG2 Owners Thread

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of those of you who already own the XPG2 series of FourSevens Quarks, are there any benefits using the lower power head (4.2V) versus the high power head (9V) when running it on a 14500 or 17670 in terms of runtime and output?

Also, how's the tint coming along?

I recently got a discount turbo AA2 quark due to re-branding and realized, my tint was green! :thumbsdow

walkinthelight

Newly Enlightened
I have an XP-G2 MA and M2A, both superb cool white, not a hint of green. On Li-ion the MA puts out visibly more lumens than my R5 Mini-123.

Then I got cocky and ordered an XP-G2 Preon 2. It's pretty green. Irony is I got it to just to replace my XP-G S2 Preon 2, which is like pea soup in a penlight. I ended up switching it out for an XP-G R5 head, which has a nice white tint and no appreciable difference in luminosity from the XP-G2.

All my 4sevens lights work great and their customer service is superior, but the tint is hit and miss. It makes me wonder though when people say "XX Brand has done a great job with the tint on their XML-U2." Do manufacturers really have control over the tint variation among LEDs ordered from a specific bin like XP-G2, or is it superstition among flashoholics when they say "Duskfire's XP-G2s have great tint, but Trustbeam's XP-G2s are iffy"?