Nitecore P-25 with 3100mAh18650A ?

CRS

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. New to the forum. I recently received my Nitecore P-25 am I'm loving it. I've owned various Fenix models but the NItecore P-25 is by far my favorite. I work in the mountains where (unless there is a full moon) the nights are dark dark dark! This light really cuts through. Anyway...my question for you is...Will there be any drop in brightness (I generally use the light on turbo) switching from CR 123's to a[h=1] 3100mAh PROTECTED Orbtronic (Panasonic NCR18650A cell inside) ? I'm guessing that since the P-25 is voltage regulated that there would not be....but I thought I would ask those of you with more experience.[/h]Thanks in advance
CRS

kmorar556

Newly Enlightened
Welcome!

Yes it will drop in brightness, because of overheating....correct me if im wrong anyone...

CRS

Newly Enlightened
Welcome!

Yes it will drop in brightness, because of overheating....correct me if im wrong anyone...

Thank you for your reply.....I may not have been clear. The drop in brightness I was referring to was not the normal timed step-down that the light does, but rather a drop in peak lumen output due to the different output voltages of the CR123's and the 18650A.

Byggeren

Newly Enlightened
No, output is the same with 18650. Run time is better, and of course the use of the charge port.

unluckywimp

Newly Enlightened
There should be no difference in light output thanks to the voltage regulation in the flashlight. A rechargeable 18650 is desireable because of its increased runtime over "primary" 123 batteries. Personally, I went with a protected EagleTac 3400mAh (white/green label, Panasonic NCR18650B cell inside) and it works well (comprehensive review in these forums here). The only problem I had with this particular battery is that the "button top" was too small/short to work with the physical reverse-polarity protection in the P25. A tiny neodymium magnet from Radio Shack fixed it, though (2 magnets in the package for about $3).

Byggeren

Newly Enlightened
Looks the same to me:
S-20.jpg

From This Review

CRS

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all so much. Very informative information:)
CRS

Verndog

Enlightened
That should be a very good cell. Same as the 3100 Panasonic in my EagleTacs. I run that in 2 Nitecore EC25's and it rocks. You should see no dropoff in high and longer runtimes.