Wife finally sees the light!

zenbeam

Enlightened
First of all, howdy folks! I've not posted for somewhere near a year now. In part due to being quite busy and in part due to promising my wife nearly a year ago that I would not buy another light until after Christmas 2012... lol. And I kept my bargain!

But I posted to comment that I recently moved to a rural home "in the country"! And boy is it ever DARK out there! This has brought my flashlight collection to total life! I love going out on the front porch at night and lighting up the cows and horses (my new neighbors) with my Crelant 7G5 V2!

And I still always carry a light on me (at home it has become the 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123-2) which has come in handy so many time inside the house that even my wife actually made the comment the other day, "Wow, those flashlights really do come in handy out here!" And of course she still enjoys her little, pink Fenix E01 that I gave her a year ago.

So yes, the wifey actually acknowledged the usefulness of my lights! I never thought I'd see the day... :laughing:

So how's everyone doing? Anything particularly new and exciting in the world of light? :naughty:

buds224

Enlightened
What an ideal place for a collection of lights. Kudos to your wife understanding the usefulness. My wife, in the US Navy, appreciates the 3 lights I gave her. LD20 for working hours, SENS AA for casual/easy-access/pocketability, and the Thrunite Ti that's always in her purse attached to her keys. When a few situations came up, she was glad to share her stories with me and thanked me for providing reliable lighting for her. There's something nice about the wifey not thinking I'm strange for having such a large collection and the passion that drove me there.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, you really have to drag them in the mud for them to understand (I mean the unenlightened, not women.)

THE most exciting news: HDS has started clearing the backlog from a year ago.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
That is what strated me down the road to "flashaholic" status. I lived in a rural area, but then I moved out into the woods with no neighbors within a mile or so. No artificial lights of any kind visible at all, great view of the stars but a trip to the driveway requires a flashlight. I have a kitchen cabinet the wife is more than glad to have me keep my lights in. She rarely goes out the door without one at night. It's nice to have a willing accomplace.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're living my dream! One day I hope to live in a more rural area and get to use the lights a lot more often.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am surrounded by fields and close by have 3 wooded areas no more than 500 yards away.I have out buildings(old barns) within 50 feet of my door so yes it is very dark here at night and my flashlights are a must, so i understand your post.:twothumbs

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
It's been really cold and windy in my area, and I've been waiting for the power to cut out in our house so I can wait for her to come to me and go "can I borrow a flashlight?" I can't wait for the time to come... for when I can say "but you said flashlights are stupid, so no light for you!!!"

I'll spend the night on the couch, but it'll be totally worth it.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
^ Of course I'm taking my flashlights with me. I don't want her to use them until she acknowledges their worth. lol. :D

gradio

Newly Enlightened
I figured with a drawer full of lights it would be easy to slip a new one in once in awhile without her knowing. Well when I'm gone and the mailman hands her a box containing 4 new lights, charger, more batteries, it doesn't work so well. So I sacrifice the smallest size light (Olight i1) by giving it to her. There were two i1's anyway. Seemed to make things a little better. Add a few bucks on top of that and she's happy. A week later I take her to Home Depot, I buy three Rayovac AA LED lights and let her take the change from the counter worker plus one light is for her SUV glove box. Just give once in awhile, add a few bucks, a good cup of coffee on our way home from HD, all is well.

zenbeam

Enlightened
I have to totally honor any commitment I make not to buy something. My wife takes an unusually keen interest in my hobbies - not the substance of the hobby, but in memorizing every item I obtain! lol