Any 4000+ Lumen flashlights coming out?

mestizobloke

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone.

I am curious to know if there are any 4000+ Lumen Led flashlights going to be released soon. I like that the TM26 and the Fenix RC40 came out but I'm still wondering if any "flashlight-looking" lights with that lumen rating will come out.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hello everyone.

I am curious to know if there are any 4000+ Lumen Led flashlights going to be released soon. I like that the TM26 and the Fenix RC40 came out but I'm still wondering if any "flashlight-looking" lights with that lumen rating will come out.

If you want one, go to Vinh's modding thread, and tell him what you want.

He can set the drive levels, etc, pick the LEDs, and make you whatever trips your trigger.

Did you want 4k lumens because you want 4k lumens, because you just want whatever is the "most" - or, do you need those lumens to do something for you, like light up an otherwise basketball court at night, find a lost sheep, or make up for your forgetting to pay the electric bill one too many times?

He made me a nice flooder that is pumping out ~ 6,500 OTF lumens for example.

:D

Last edited:

mestizobloke

Newly Enlightened
Well I want it pretty much because of both "the most" for an led handheld light and for the 4k lumens which I can't seem to find in an LED flashlight. I know that the torch from wicked lasers has 4100 lumens but I'm not even sure if thats an accurate number since I have heard horror stories coming from that company not to mention that I feel that it is very hated around here, kind of like the apple of flashlights.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Well I want it pretty much because of both "the most" for an led handheld light and for the 4k lumens which I can't seem to find in an LED flashlight. I know that the torch from wicked lasers has 4100 lumens but I'm not even sure if thats an accurate number since I have heard horror stories coming from that company not to mention that I feel that it is very hated around here, kind of like the apple of flashlights.

OK, both were = to just wanting 4k lumens, and neither was about using the lumens for anything per se.

That's fine, as if you want random lumens, that's easier than focused lumens.

If you had to SEE something with it, well, if its close enough, you would see it like it was daylight. If it were a few hundred yards away, not so much, etc.

How far away did you want to be able to see with it?

As an aside...massive lumens costs massive amp flow which cost massive cell drainage which costs form factor to have the size to hold the cells and to dissipate the heat.

Some of the "Pocket Rockets" are direct drive high amp monsters that can pump out massive lumens for a few minutes, and then, either the cells can't keep up the amp flow, and/or the light gets too hot and needs time to cool before firing up again, etc....so they start at max brightness, and gradually dim as the available amps drop, etc.

So, wanting a 4k light because you can't find one is sometimes an indication that a mass produced version "might not look as much like a flashlight" because it needs to be bigger to hold cells/dissipate heat, house a lot of LEDs, etc.

Your custom version can look smaller/more flashlight-like, if you are willing to compromise on run-time and regulation, etc.

Hence the question as to if you were going to USE it or not. If its just to turn on and grin like an idiot (A fav past time of mine at least...), a pocket rocket works great. If you just need it to take a quick peek at a large area "to see who goes there" in quick bursts, it can also do an incredible job, etc.

If you need a light to stay on, run at constant brightness for hours, AND pump 4k lumens, its going to NEED those form factor changes you didn't like, at least with currently available LED technology.

Of course, you could look at some HID's...a Polarion Abyss or PH50, etc, for example has the lumens you want...but, again, its more of a spot light look than a flashlight look.

Last edited:

mestizobloke

Newly Enlightened
I would like to clarify, I don't care if it looks like a spotlight or not, as long as I can grasp it in 1 hand like one would normally do with a maglite.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Any new quad's using XM-L2's ought to be in the running for that output figure. Perhaps we'll see some existing designs switch over soon.

KarstGhost

Enlightened
Olight X6 has around 5000 lumens best I remember. Could be held in one hand, but looks more like a spot light.

mestizobloke

Newly Enlightened
Oh, then that Olight X6 would work.

The thing is with that one is that I'm concerned that it might be too unwieldy and heavy to move around with the handle and also I don't think I can grasp that with one hand like a maglite without using the handle

warmurf

Enlightened
You can always go custom. Vestureofblood on this forum can make a light in excess of 6000 lumens if you like (recently did) and it will be a quality light with good heat management. I'd take Matt's over any manufactured light any day. I have around 4 of his custom builds- all keepers, and one is a 5 x XML hard driven before these lights even began to appear on chinese sites. Screemingly bright and puts out more flood then any other light I have, and I have a few good ones (TM26, SP6, Mac's 3300L, 7 x XML etc).

Last edited:

grinch27

Newly Enlightened
Hi just joined the forum and have a bunch of Fenix lights, tk70,tk40 etc I too am interested in a high lumen flashlight. I c u mentioned some custom makers but is there any other companies out there that make high lumen flashlights on par with Fenix? Thanks in advance.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lux RC fatboy FB1 is currently the brightest stock flashlight, twelve xpg2's 500 emitter lumens each. 6k emitter lumens, 4500 to 5000 lumens OTF (educated guesstimate)

id rather have the Thrunite TN30 with xml2's or the Fenix RC40, both have nice throwy beams with great flood characteristics.
The Fenix TK75 is my favorite multi emitter beam profile.

+1 on VestureOfBloods modding skills, I had him install an XML in a Quark AA, and it is a solid and beauty of a mod.

MTG2 is the new beast led out there, may be worth looking into a triple MTG2 ;)

Rexlion

Enlightened
I really like my 6 XML Mag from Vesture, it puts out 4000 lumens on four 26650s.

dansciurus

Newly Enlightened
I had seen in footage of the 2013 Shotshow, that Surefire is showing off a new 4000lm Annihilator. No idea when release date is, but I am excited. Should be intersting to see in a light that size.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does MTG2 differ from XML2? What are the pros & cons for them against each other? Or does 1 dominate the other in every way?