Why is it when you have money, there is nothing you wan't to buy?

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
:) Like the title says if i don't have the money, everything is for sale. Do you feel the same way?...Robert

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's basic human psychology....we want what we can't have. :broke: Conversely, those who find one day that they can afford anything, sometimes discover they no longer lust for the things that money can buy. So, as the list of things we can't afford shrinks, so does our psychological need for what we can't have.

The older I've gotten, and the better I've done financially, the less I want. I'm more or less down to flashlights as an active hobby now and this is far and away the cheapest hobby I've ever had...even as I've gone to the silly side (flashaholism) with it. :candle:

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
I can help you with this problem. There are plenty of things that I want. You can buy them and give them to me. Problem solved!

snakyjake

Enlightened
I'm still waiting for people to move beyond clickies that force you to travel through many modes in order to get to the one mode you want. Twisties are even worse!

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'd really like to see a light that can select between throw and flood.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting for people to move beyond clickies that force you to travel through many modes in order to get to the one mode you want. Twisties are even worse!

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'd really like to see a light that can select between throw and flood.

Go down to Walmart and get you a Maglite, or maybe a Nebo Redline (tee-hee).

nbp

Flashaholic
I watch and watch for a certain item with no success. So I spend the alotted cash on something else. Boom! The first thing shows up right away. :ohgeez:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I have found is that the more you gain knowledge and experience by buying and owning things along the way, that the field eventually narrows down to just a few things that are actually WORTH buying.
Most of the stuff on the market amounts to trinkets and toys.

holylight

Enlightened
In the beginning, God created the earth and rested. Then God created Man and rested. Then God created Woman. Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I have found is that the more you gain knowledge and experience by buying and owning things along the way, that the field eventually narrows down to just a few things that are actually WORTH buying.
Most of the stuff on the market amounts to trinkets and toys.

Well stated, twl. With experience, we learn what works for us and what does not. We become more selective.