Has anyone tried this 20 LED Lantern

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a lot of discussion about this lamp a short time ago including the creation of diffuser lenses. Use the Search at the top of the page to find relevant threads. I believe it was most talked about in the LED forum.

Be sure to check the Reviewer's sites (I don't have one, but I believe Craig at the LEDMuseum does) and the Reviews Forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Quickbeam, I found the threads on the Nuwai CK-120 12 LED lantern from www.shoplifestyle.com (which I own). Couldn't find a review on the Sportsmansguide lantern. It seems similar except it is a 20 LED lantern and does not mention the dimmer function.

cadjak

Newly Enlightened
I too would like info on this lantern. At last visit to Sportsman's Guide, they had sold out of these. I have been looking for something that puts out a good amount of light and would last for several days. My sister lives in an area that has power outages that last for days. If these aren't available does anyone have a suggestion for an alternate choice?
TIA,
-cadjak

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast

flashlightDR

Newly Enlightened
There are several 4-D lanterns that use a PR bulb that can take an EverLED. You have to be careful to make sure the polarity is correct, otherwise you can blow it out.

steve_vance

Enlightened
Yes....I own one. In my opinion, the 12-LED lantern is almost as bright, a lot more versatile, and a lot cheaper, but the 20-LED is good. It badly needs a diffuser, though.
Comparison HERE

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
Steve, Thanks for posting a link to your previous discussion of the 20-LED. I don't know why I couldn't find it when I searched before. I am looking for something that produces more light to replace twin tube fluorescents. I use them at the cabin (no electricity) instead of the built-in gas lanterns which produce heat and odor.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
steve_vance said:
Yes....I own one. In my opinion, the 12-LED lantern is almost as bright, a lot more versatile, and a lot cheaper, but the 20-LED is good. It badly needs a diffuser, though.
Comparison HERE

[/ QUOTE ]

I second Steve's comment. Could not have said it better myself. I have both, but only use the 12 LED because it has a diffuser and the 20 LED light does not. I stuck some parchment paper in the 20 LED and that certainly helps.