Wire diameter to use for my light

Masure

Newly Enlightened

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't 30 AWG kinda small to work with? I like to work with 22 minimum myself. Anyway, I find that picking nice wire with durable, thin insulation is more of a space saver than trying to whittle my wire size down a few gauges.

Electically, I get around 0.004 ohms per hot cm, which means (V=IR,) Voltage drop of 0.004v, or about 0.1% voltage loss from each cm of wire. If you have 10cm total, you lose 1% power (Either less output from the driver, or more sucked from the battery).

Masure

Newly Enlightened
If I'd have to say if 30 AWG is enough at the first look, I'd have said it's not :D. I looked for wire sizing on the internets and found 30 AWG is the minimum. I can use a thicker wire and don't want to under or over estimate my needs. That's why I'm asking for help in that choice.

I think I'll take something like 26AWG to be comfortable.

arek98

Enlightened
I'm not using anything less than 24AWG for power, even for less than 1A. Trying to go 22 or 20 if possible, usually hookup vias on driver are a limit.

To save space do as AnAppleSnail suggested. Get good quality wire in thin insulation. Teflon preferably (helps with soldering too because it does not shrink). Teflon-kepton insulation will be even thinner but it is little stiffer.