X300 Ultra head on a LX2 body

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
As the title implies I am wondering if anyone knows if the head of the X300 Ultra will fit on a LX2 body? I searched the forum but did not see anything about it. I can't believe I would be the first to think such a thing so I assume the answer must be out there.

From the Surefire website it seem that the X300 Ultra is only 500 lumens, only high with no low. If per chance the head fits on the LX2 would the resistor in the tail give it a two light level output? From my understanding the LX2's resistor is only used as a trigger for the head to make the change but I don't know how it would work in this hybrid.

I was thinking this might be a solution to the absence of the LX2U.

Just wondering if anyone knows or has tried it.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the title implies I am wondering if anyone knows if the head of the X300 Ultra will fit on a LX2 body? I searched the forum but did not see anything about it. I can't believe I would be the first to think such a thing so I assume the answer must be out there.

From the Surefire website it seem that the X300 Ultra is only 500 lumens, only high with no low. If per chance the head fits on the LX2 would the resistor in the tail give it a two light level output? From my understanding the LX2's resistor is only used as a trigger for the head to make the change but I don't know how it would work in this hybrid.

I was thinking this might be a solution to the absence of the LX2U.

Just wondering if anyone knows or has tried it.

The weapon lights traditionally have not been built in the way that the handheld lights are.
If you were to find a way to remove the head, you would likely rip wires and break the driver board.
They are soldered together with the idea that they will never be opened.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
The weapon lights traditionally have not been built in the way that the handheld lights are.
If you were to find a way to remove the head, you would likely rip wires and break the driver board.
They are soldered together with the idea that they will never be opened.

Thanks for the info. I guess this is a dead end.