Just received my E2e!

HesNot

Enlightened
Thanks very much to oldgrandpajack (I will post separately to the cheers forum but wanted to give him a thumbs up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif here as well for shipping it promptly and being extremely fair in his description. Very honest and great to deal wtih!)

Anyway, my first impressions (my points of relevant reference are my M@Glites, Pelican Super Sabrelight and ARC LSH-P) are as follows:

1. Size. I was surprised at how small this really is. Even looking at the comparison shots with a Minimag don't prepare you for the true dimensions. Significantly smaller than I expected.

2. Finish. I bought this used but the HA finish is definitely tough, it appears to my eye to be new and obviously stands up to wear. The knurling/grip is much more aggressive than any other light I own. Not overly aggressive, but definitely a different feel. Did I mention it was small /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Fit. All functions operate smoothly, threads are smooth and tight, no rattles, bumps or shakes. The momentary switch is crisp but not overly difficult to operate (it is stiffer than the mag buttons, similar to the Pelican and ARC although not a clickie)

4. The beam. Well, it is bright, about as bright as I'd expected and with a tighter beam than my ARC obviously. Everyone knows the beamshape so I won't belabor the point but it is certainly even and clean. And much whiter than any other incandescent light that I have seen.

5. Overall. This light was bought to fill a specific niche, a small light with more throw than my LSH (my all around carry light). It appears to fill that role well. I admit it is hard to get a real sense of the capabilities of this light since I got it in the middle of the day, I'll have to check it out tonight to get a real sense of the beam shape and how bright it really is.

I can see what all the fuss is about, it is a remarkably small light with a lot of output in a very useful package. Somewhat like firearms, when you need it the small light in your pocket beats the big 3d cell sitting at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
off-topic, but i'll second the cheers for oldgrandpajack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

HesNot

Enlightened
Hoghead -

Yep, just a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As an aside, I now have purchased 3 lights based exclusively on the recommendations of CPF members - the ARC LSH-P, an ARC AAA and now the E2e.

Across the board, I have not been disappointed with any of those purchases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Thanks to everyone for all your input and insight. This is a really knowledgeable and friendly group!

Salud,

HesNot

HesNot

Enlightened
Jan - my first impression is that the hotspot is about as bright but the hotspot is a little smaller and more focused. I'll do some testing tonight on throw using my scientific "light up the shed in my backyard" test!

Of course, the E2e is about 25% the size of the super sabrelight...

I'll post more tomorrow.

Geode

Enlightened
HesNot,

I have owned the E2e for about a year now and use it as a regular flashlight, not a special purpose light. Maybe one gets used to the brightness. You are right about it being a compact light, and easy to carry. It has become the standard by which I judge EDC ease of carry.

JanCPF

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
HesNot said:
Of course, the E2e is about 25% the size of the super sabrelight

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know - it's just that I own the sabrelite so I could judge from your observations weather to get the E2e or not. It would be great if you could do your "light up the shed in my backyard" test. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Jan

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who said E2's??

fa78679e.jpg

--dan

HesNot

Enlightened
Jan - well I performed some highly unscientific tests last night with my Super Sabrelight and E2e, including the important shot at the white wall and the light up the shed tests. I didn't take pictures (maybe tonight) but first - the beam quality of the E2e was much better (and I like my Pelican), perfectly round with no dead spots, etc... Close in they appeared to be equally bright (E2e on slightly used SF 123s and Pelican on new alkalines) with a slight edge to the E2e, which was also whiter.

As far as throw, the E2e hotspot is smaller at least to my shed, which is probably 40 feet away, they appeared to be roughly equal but the "tops of trees" test eventually the Pelican was able to outthrow it, but not by much.

In other words, a better whiter beam with nearly the same throw in a much smaller package.

And Dan - Whoa! Now THAT is a collection! Very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JanCPF

Enlightened
HesNot, Thanks a lot for your comparison. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I also like my Pelican. It's a bit bulky, but takes any bad things coming to it. I will perhaps get an E2e to complement my L4 for throw.

Jan