HELP on surefire TAILCAPS

dansciurus

Newly Enlightened
So, I am ordering an oveready triple dropin. It is going in a SF 6P LED DEFENDER. From what I can tell, it comes with a z59 BLACK tailcap. I need a z41 Black tailcap. Or I need a way to get a mcclicky in a z59...
Anyone wanna trade or be nice? I need the higher amp mcclicky, but need the older z41 cap first. gah!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting Z41 + OR McClicky kit is the best way to go... Z59 will not withstand the amperage over time, has higher resistance (slightly) and is (subjectively) less durable than McClicky... maybe you can trade or in worst scenario, sell Z59 and invest in Z41 from OR site... Fitting McClicky inside Z59 is not possible (not without a some kind of adapter, probably)...

If the Defender body is bored for 18650, even better... very nice setup... later on you may consider replacing alu-crenelated bezel ring with Stainless Steel one for more durability and bling(er) look...

dansciurus

Newly Enlightened
Getting Z41 + OR McClicky kit is the best way to go... Z59 will not withstand the amperage over time, has higher resistance (slightly) and is (subjectively) less durable than McClicky... maybe you can trade or in worst scenario, sell Z59 and invest in Z41 from OR site... Fitting McClicky inside Z59 is not possible (not without a some kind of adapter, probably)...

If the Defender body is bored for 18650, even better... very nice setup... later on you may consider replacing alu-crenelated bezel ring with Stainless Steel one for more durability and bling(er) look...

Your right on the money tana. I am in the process of boring the body. Money is tight so it will be a slow process. Eventually I want a brass bezel and a brass ring between the tail cap and body. I got the ring already but I know the z59 won't' cut it when it comes to the amps. Trying to find a z41 in black as I need the mcclicky. Let me know if anyone would want to trade. Mine has seen some good pocket wear but it still works great.

It burns when I Tapatalk...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your right on the money tana. I am in the process of boring the body. Money is tight so it will be a slow process. Eventually I want a brass bezel and a brass ring between the tail cap and body. I got the ring already but I know the z59 won't' cut it when it comes to the amps. Trying to find a z41 in black as I need the mcclicky. Let me know if anyone would want to trade. Mine has seen some good pocket wear but it still works great.

The process of getting your light to the final vision is usually the best part of all and with P60 Surefire stuff it all can be done in phases... so enjoy it, dude... the look you're after sounds VERY nice in combo with Type II glossy anodization of the 6P series... I have put together one similar, with Solarforce L2M body, genuine A14 extender, OR shorty ZeroRez brass contact, brass color bezel ring for short P60 3-cell setup and twisty operation... very nice looking thing... but had to use L2M since it was the only 3P clone it matched... original 3P is very hard to find and would not be a nice fit with A14 knurling (I think)...

You may want to post WTT or WTS on that Z59 and ask for Z41 plus OR McClicky... you never know if someone is willing to trade... trades are usually fun on CPFMP... I pretty much enjoyed all of mine so far...

dansciurus

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like you got some sweet lights. I'm about to register on cpfmp. Hope I can find someone. I was tempted to try to call surefire and tell them I had an original 6p and the switch broke ;) maybe they would send me one haha