I Have A Problem.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need help and I have a dilemma.

I've become unimpressed by flashlights.

In my relentless pursuit to find the "perfect EDC" I've become uninspired.

Does this happen to you?

I've tried an E1e, E2e, KLx Heads, Arc-AAA, ArcAAA-LE, Arc-LS, Arc-LS2. All are good lights. All are favored by the CPForumites. After the thrill of "getting" a new light wears off, I begin to want something more.....

I want something special.

Very Bright. Adaptable.

I need something to inspire me...

Please, recommend something for me.

I keep staring at the M2. For some odd reason I think it might solve my dilemma. Brightness. Adaptability. Semicompact. Hmm.......

Brian

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
How will the M2 solve your dilemma? With LOLA it's just a fat E2e with a tighter beam. With HOLA it's a battery eating machine!
grin.gif

Not that the M2 isn't great but if the E2e leaves you uninspired then how will the M2 help?

You need an M6!
grin.gif

If the M6 is too pricey, then I second the vote for the A2.

nihraguk

Enlightened
BMStrong: i feel your pain
grin.gif
my first surefire was a 6P, but i wasn't satisfied so i got an E2e, but still i wasn't satisfied so i sold the E2e and got an M2, and i'm STILL unsatisfied. i'm selling the M2 and i hope to find my perfect EDC with the C2, along with my arc. i feel that my arc is indisposable. i can do without a surefire, but my arc is always with me
smile.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
How about a G2Z/P61? It's inexpensive and gives a lot of bang for the buck. Once you outgrow that, drop big $$ and get an M6. If you ever think the M6 is not bright enough, point it at your face and press the happy button on the tailcap. You'll remember how bright it is once more.
grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
there is no perfect edc...i carry at least 3 lights at all times, and am looking into more...

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
--------------------
{ this space is for rent }[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">shameless plug? this isn't?!
grin.gif

ab

Enlightened
Unimpressed by all of those? I'd say you might want to go back to the ARC AAA. I too have tried a lot of lights and that's the one I like best for my pocket. It isn't the very brightest nor the very smallest, but is seems to hit the magic "just right" mark. At least for me!

A.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much did you say for the Arc LS?
smile.gif

You need a light that has a little of everything, try the A2 when and if it comes out sometime.

Or a cheaper light like the Cold Cathode, I just purchased one and can`t seem to leave it alone for a second, not an EDC, but it is a nice light and gadget in same package.

HTH
Alex

ygbsm

Enlightened
Originally posted by Skyline:
How about a G2Z/P61? It's inexpensive and gives a lot of bang for the buck
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree. I now carry the G2Z more often than the M2.

Al

Enlightened
Jaded non-use perhaps? Pick a light and use it for a week. Then another ... another ... By the time you work around your collection back to the beginning they'll all seem fresh and new.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I like Al's idea about rotating lights for a week at a time. It will keep things fresh and also teach the stregnths and weakness of each light. The ability to adapt and use that one EDC light will probably get your interest peaked again.

I was wondering if my interest was wanning or if I had just found a very comfortable combination of lights. I decided to test this by not taking any lights with me for a day. I wanted to know which lights I missed the most or what I really needed.

I discovered that even as I got dressed knowing that I was not going to carry a light I was mildly paniced. I boldly left my house on an errand and felt naked as I drove away. I completed my errand and went back home. In that short time I missed my Arc "AAA", LS2 blem and E2e HA. I knew then that my interest was not fading. I think I may just be comfortable with my EDC combo at this time.
grin.gif

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah...sounds like A2.

Or...a PT Attitude!

I know that its no E2 or ARC-LS, but...honestly, it meets 95% of my flashlight needs. It'd be too big for my needs for EDC, but if you were happy with the E2 size...you might just really love a PT Attitude.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
If you're feeling unimpressed by these lights, go back to using your supermarket branded 2Ds or generic "keychain" lights. Hopefully when you get back to using those in your collection you'll appreciate just how good they are.