OLIGHT O'Pen review

fatigus

Newly Enlightened
Today I present the pens pen, but not to write but to illuminate!
13323036.jpg

The new Olight O'Pen presents itself to the eye as a classic expensive pen, painstakingly little more 'thicker than a normal pen.
Available in 4 different colors (black, blue, red and brown).

penlightfront.jpg

The following specifications provided by the home:
1. Before AAA from Olight, originated from pen in his appearance AAA batteries (NO 10440 li-on)
2. Using the new Cree XP-G2 LED, with the maximum output of 180 lumens
3. Three levels of adjustable output with automatic memory function:. Low, Medium and High (change the output by pressing the tail switch)
4. Stainless steel clip high quality and flexibility makes it durable and keeps a firm grip on the pocket.
5. Machined aerospace aluminum alloy and stainless steel, light and reliable.
6. Adopt linear technology current regulation, no output strobe.
7. Waterproof: IPX8
8. bucciardato developed reflector made ​​of aluminum alloy, the emission soft and uniform light for illumination at short range.
9. Lens: Toughened ultra clear glass with anti-reflective treatment.
10. In various colors for your options: red, blue, brown and black.

102223937883.jpg

The torch is supplied in a transparent plastic box very resistant, inside a clip over the torch are already mounted on the light, two O-rings, two AAA batteries Duracell alkarine and manual with warranty card.

img0245lv.jpg

img0249nc.jpg

img0251cb.jpg

img0252wf.jpg

The O'Pen has a minimal line very similar to a pen, the type III anodizing is my copy is black and white points it has no imperfections sull'anodizzazione, the LED has a neutral color tending towards white and is perfectly centered in the small satellite dish on his head has a steel ring to maintain the head in a possible fall.
All models and colors O'Pen are made in finishing type III,
the torch has a kind of checkering a grid engraved on the body beautiful to look at but it does not help to hold the torch is quite slippery would have been more useful a knurling normal but would have horrified the design.
The light levels are well spaced, and presents none flashing strobe or sos for those who hate the thousand strobe functions this is the flashlight for you!
all written on the torch are perfectly vertical and central with clip also features the engraving Olight hollow metal,
the quality and like all products Olight never disappoint the expectations apart from the hue of the LEDs in some models but not in this case is perfect c'erto view the functionality of the torch Olight not mind if in the future decide to mount the LED neutral white .
the user interface is very simple and intuitive push in ON / OFF press slightly changing level cycle in the following order: Lo -> Med -> High -> cycle to prevent accidental starting just slightly loosen the tallicap,
and now a bit of photos

img0254mz.jpg

img0256nu.JPG

img0257je.jpg

img0264wl.jpg

the protruding piece of aluminum on the body is used to hold in place the clip
img0265su.jpg

you can see the groove on the clip
img0267qja.jpg

the tallicap reassembled
img0268yn.jpg

img0269adj.jpg

img0270lx.jpg

la filettatura
img0271nc.jpg

Dimensional comparison with pen and AAA batteries
img0274sb.jpg

img0275yg.jpg

img0276or.jpg

Test Ceiling Bounce:

controllo
img0297yd.jpg

low
img0304bf.jpg

med
img0303bh.jpg

hig
img0302nm.jpg

beamshoat distance about 1 meter
img0296ev.jpg

low
img0292lu.jpg

med
img0295qy.jpg

hig
img0293bv.jpg

low
img0280ns.jpg

med
img0281hi.jpg

hig
img0282uk.jpg

Control distance 17 meters
img0317qz.jpg

img0316as.jpg

img0312ya.jpg

low
img0313z.jpg

med
img0314td.jpg

hig
img0314td.jpg

in conclusion to be drawn
img0306hx.jpg

img0305pv.jpg

and as a pen is also very good
img0308.JPG

and that ink sliding
img0309ah.jpg

last lines
the Olight O'Pen I was amazed to power output size and weight of the stick in your pocket or in a pouch and you forget it the best solution to have the light beam each time the product is clean and free of artifacts maximum distance is in my opinion 30 meters in a few more of those declared by the house if you want to light up more than, well, there are other torches for the purpose
a greeting and good reading / viewing
if you have any questions just ask

The torch was provided for review by:
Top Equipment
on behalf of the
Olight Technology

*links removed by Greta - Please read CPF Rule #6.

Last edited by a moderator:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
rewiew OLIGHT O'Pen

Nice review, thanks for sharing...

However, if you're going take LMH shots, I would suggest that you use a manual camera and fix the exposure settings so the relative differences between the modes is more accurately reflected. The LMH series of the Penlight lying on the quilt appears to show automatic adjustment reducing exposure as mode brightness increases (ie, the quilt gets darker with every shot). I suspect the other beam shots to be the same as there appears to be little difference between certain modes.

sticktodrum

Enlightened
Re: rewiew OLIGHT O'Pen

Thanks for the review. I'm glad to see un altro Italiano. :thumbsup: Very nice pictures and a great write up.

Just a little bit of help, "sull'anodizzazione" would be "on the anodizing" I think for where you wrote it. Also, fillettatura = "threads".

Very funny picture too, with the light as a pen. :)

fatigus

Newly Enlightened

thanks sorry for the language but I translated with google
for the pictures can not do any better I do not have the money to spend for an reflex since I am not a photographer by profession I also think that the light seen with your own eyes is better than a photo
thanks for advice
I'll hold to account if there will be a next time

Julian Holtz

Enlightened

Cool review, thanks!

Is there any difference between the Olight O'Pen and the Preon PenLight?

Edit: Nevermind. I found out they are identical.

Last edited:

fatigus

Newly Enlightened

not from what I know Olight 47 and worked on the project so I think are the same

WWWW

Newly Enlightened

Great review sir!! I was actually in doubt if the Olight branded Pen lights were the same as the 47's, as well.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice review :thumbsup: and nice light.

Was having an eye for this light for quite some time. But I'm yet missing a reason to buy it. Just for having a flashlight in my pencil case is no real reason for me ;).

rayman

fatigus

Newly Enlightened
Bellissima recensione amico!:) I didn't know you spoke English to man!:D

also your nice reviews: D
and the modern era thanks to google I can talk to everyone in the world are not interested in speaking Italian, English, Spanish etc. but we all have a passion that unites us: the torches: Candela:: Devil:: Whistle: