SureFire SALE ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I did a quick check of the SureFire website -- www.surefire.com -- and I see that they posted a "HOLIDAY SALE" on the E1-HA and the E2-HA.

They are selling the E1-HA for $49 and the E2-HA for $59 -- it this a good deal? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Does anyone have the E1-HA or the E2-HA, and what do you think about it?

I am thinking of getting the E2-HA, but I'll wait until I read some CPF feedback. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only difference is the pocket clip on the sale E series is not removable. They are a good buy if price was holding you back. the ExE series has a theoretically removable pocket clip.

paulr

Flashaholic
I think the E1e/E2e look a lot better than the E1/E2. When a light is as expensive as these, that matters.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I wouldn't get an E1/E2 - the pocketclip is naff compared to the "Elite" or "Outdoorsman" clips.

There are other differences too - the "classic" E Series does not have Pyrex lenses but rather Lexan this is easier to scratch, dulls (ages faster with carry and use) and can deform/melt when it gets hot.
Also, there was a change made to the bezel so that it was easier to remove the Lamp Assemblies.
Also, the Hexagonal bezel feature of the current models means they are more likely to stay where you put them.

At least these "classic" E Series models come with LockOut TailCaps...

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Most versions of the "classic" E Series models had the laser etching on the opposite side of the bezel to the pocketclip.

Al

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
I wouldn't get an E1/E2 - the pocketclip is naff compared to the "Elite" or "Outdoorsman" clips.

There are other differences too - the "classic" E Series does not have Pyrex lenses but rather Lexan this is easier to scratch, dulls (ages faster with carry and use) and can deform/melt when it gets hot.
Also, there was a change made to the bezel so that it was easier to remove the Lamp Assemblies.
Also, the Hexagonal bezel feature of the current models means they are more likely to stay where you put them.

At least these "classic" E Series models come with LockOut TailCaps...

Al

[/ QUOTE ] Al is right, except for the Hex bezel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The teardrop bezel is much more appealing and easier on you if you fall on your light. The clip itself will keep the light where you put it.

The L4 bezel has no hex. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I am leaning towards getting the E2-HA for everyday carry (plus a few extra for gifts).

For everyday carry, would you suggest the E2-HA over the E1-HA?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
though the E2e has more features, i think the E2 looks much more elegant. the E1e looks better than the E1 though.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
the e2 is the best and the clip is easily replaced or removed - the clip on the elites is mostly for show its too brittle and stiff for practical use.

if trust is not your cuppa then go the safe way- thats the point- the elites are not the opimal light the standard ones are- but face it - you wanna be "tactical" right? then get an elite an scare airport securaty and impress your freinds with this light that is so over the top it must be the most "tactical" light ever. that is why you are here and that is the answer you want. your heart pulls you towards the more elitest light.

personally, i prefer the superior clip and more impressive size to light ratio of my black e2. useing it feels good and unlike the elites i dont feel my hands being lacerated. thats me.

hell get em both give the one you dont like to someone at xmas!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
aragorn: the pyrex lens of the E2e is more scratch-resistant and transparent (as torment mentioned) than the lexan lens of the E2, though the E2's lens would be unlikely to break as easily as the pyrex lens of the E2e. the clip of the E2e i had quite a while back was too stiff to use, but i believe surefire has changed the specifications of the clip. the new ones have less tension and are much more usable. the short clip on my A2 actually has less tension that the long clip on my C2.

i think davidthr's reason for seeking our opinions was because he was wondering if the discounted price of the E2 was worth the perceived compromise in features when compared to the E2e, or if he would be better off just getting an E2e instead.

btw, the aggresiveness of the E2e and E2 knurl is actually identical, and it is the HA coating that makes the E2e-HA's knurling seem more coarse. the E2-HA's knurling would be just as grippy as the E2e-HA's knurling. if i'm not mistaken the newer E2 bezels had clips that were riveted to them, so removing the clips would be impossible or at best, rather troublesome. personally i very much prefer the cleaner and more elegant lines of the E2, but i believe an E2e would be more suited to everyday use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Thanks for the info.

I ended up buying a few of the E2s (one for myself and the rest for gifts).

I just realized that I will be giving most of my family and friends a Surefire this year (either the 6P or the E2) for holiday gifts!

DavidTHR

Enlightened
By the way, Surefire also gave me FREE ground shipping on my order because it was over $99.00 -- cool.

Overall, I think I got a pretty good deal.

Size15's

Flashaholic
My experience is the opposite to that of Aragorn.
I've lost an E2 because of it's pathetic weak clip that in every case of Classic E Series I have tried has been useless.

The Short PocketClip of the Elite has never, ever failed me. I've EDC'd various SureFires with the Short Clip from the E1e to the A2 etc.

Al

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
Al you have had bad luck with your e2s i suppose because what you say is not what i have seen.

Cham: thanks for your info but i am well aware of the differances in e2s.

a short run of e2s with allen screws was produced - i have one.

the lexan is fine as long as you are inteligent enough to to keep it away from the bead blaster and the difference in light output is not much to notice.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
aragorn: the E2s for sale on surefire's site are one of the later runs (with the LOTC), so in all likelihood the clips are secured with a rivet, not a screw. therefore the advantage your E2 might have with a clip being more easily removed would not apply here. the clip on the E2 i had was definitely a lot less secure than the clips on the E2e i had and the A2 i have now.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
sean: in the description of the E2 and E1 on the surefire site, it lists the lock-out tailcap as one of the features /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif