Help with ArmyTek

flyback

Newly Enlightened
Hello All!

I'm having some problems with ArmyTek and I was wondering if anyone who has dealt with them before would have any ideas.

On July 4, 2013 I ordered the following light:

Armytek Predator Pro v2.5 XP-G2 (Warm). Black.
Code: 02-5

What I got was the white tint, not the warm tint.

After almost three weeks of emails (never could find a phone number that worked) they said that they would replace the light under warranty. I would have to pay to send the light back to China and once they got it they send me the correct light and refund me $15 dollars for the delivery.

The origional light came via FedEx so I went back there and after twenty minutes of filling out forms they said the cheapest rate to send the light back to China would be $140! That's the CHEAPEST rate they had! Needless to say that's more than I paid for the light and ArmyTek would only refund me $15.

What I would like so see is them send me the correct light with a prepaid return box that all I have to do is put the light in and take it to a dropoff location.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the correct light without having to basically pay for it again? At that price it would be cheaper to just buy another light and keep this one, but I don't need another white tint light.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's inappropriate to discuss your particular case in public imho.
First, the right place would be the ArmyTek support forum on CPFMP.
Second, they are already in friendly contact with you. Getting others involved in your case and discussing it in public might get your case solved eventually to your short-term satisfaction but won't do good to your long-term relationship with the friendly folks of ArmyTek.

I don't see any need to pi** them off, you can't be serious.
Hopefully some mod closes this thread or moves it to CPFMP for a less public treatment. :candle:

Sorry but sometimes i feel the need to defend the Right vs. the Wrong, please don't take it personal flyback, thanks peace.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
You could ask ArmyTek if they could contact a local seller, and that you ship the light you got now- to that seller. And that your local seller ships a Warm-light to you.

flyback

Newly Enlightened
I figured someone would take my asking for some ideas on how to proceed as bashing. That's not it at all. I'm very happy with my other ArmyTek lights but am having some issues with the latest one. Not trying to "pi**" anyone off! Just asking for some help and ideas. What is CPFMP?

argleargle

Enlightened
If OP is telling the truth, $140 to ship to China doesn't sound correct. Is he in Anartica?