• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED WTS: BTU ShockerVN - The High Lumen Thrower 4500 Lumen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
BTU ShockerVN - The High Lumen Thrower 4500 Lumen
Features:

- Triple XML2 6500K Dedome on Copper
- Low-Medium-High with last mode memory driver
- Each LED pull 4.5A with this battery: https://illuminationsupply.com/batt...gh-discharge-flat-top-p-751.html#.Ul5H0xBaW8A
- I suspect the light can even be pushed harder. Will update on this
- 4500 LED Lumen
- Throw as far as a K40vn visually but with much more lumen (K40vn tested to be around 400K Lux)
- Heat sink will be no problem with plenty of mass
- I have lights in hand ready to ship
- Beautiful Beam
- Throws like nothing else

$215 Shipped USA

$210 If you are on my newsletter mailing list but not a subscribed supporter to CPF
$205
If you are a CPF subscribed supporter and are on my newsletter mailing list

+$5 for "V54" hand engraved on head of flashlight
+$5 to have top of reflector color. I can do any color you want.
+$28 to include three New High Drained NCR18650PF
+$30 if you are outside of USA
If you want Shipping Insurance Please Ask

You can become a CPF supporter for as little as $2.50
Subscribe to CPF here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/payments.p
hp

Send me an email and ask to receive my newsletter

PM or email me for payment instructions.
Email: [email protected]

Control: Darker than real life. Very underexposed for photos comparison

Zebralight S6330 Factory: 2400 Lumen Out The Front

Eye40vn 5200L: Ahhhh :) gotta love the shear lumen!

K40vn: My current most favorite light of all time

The Almighty ShockerVN 4500 LED Lumen: Basically throw like a K40vn but with triple the lumen!

K40vn Top VS ShockerVN Bottom: The ShockerVN is a TRUE Beast. May be even out-throw the K40vn...

1. KarstGhost
Mike Sloan Engraved
Rod911
Chris Davis

6. Dan50
7. kxhonda engraved + 18650
8. walter839 + 18650
9. Psychonaut
engraved
10. alex1234 red engraved

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: BTU ShockerVN Feeler

I don't mind the weight, but the size is a problem...I'm afraid that I would rarely use it, and why spend the money for something that will sit on a shelf?

400kcd is very impressive, but doesn't the greater flood/lumens actually make it less useful as a thrower than the K40vn? I would imagine the the brightness up close would make it harder to see anything downrange - the narrow beam on the K40vn actually makes more sense for a dedicated thrower.

I hope you get enough people, but with a TM26, a TK75, and a just-received K40vn, I think I'm set for a while - gonna have to pass on this one.

FMcamaroZ28

Newly Enlightened

Well I clearly have to take #1

Let me know if you want the money now or when we hit #8!

Last edited:

rdrfronty

Enlightened

I just thought I should jump in to comment on this light. I personally am a big fan of BTU Shockers. I own a slightly modded one that still retains the stock driver but has upgraded XML2's on copper. With full regulation and decent runtime that light puts out 3760 lumens at 30 seconds and does 184Kcd. It's one of my favorite lights of all time.
I also just recently got a BTU very similar to what Vinh is doing here - a IOS driven version with dedomed xml2's. This light is quite simply a beast. I use it mostly on Samsung 20R's which have about as low of resistance of any 18650's cells one can buy. On the 20R's the light puts out a staggering 4260 lumens on high and has a unreal 477k in throw. VERY impressive light. I did not get this light from Vinh, but it is modded very similar to what Vinh is doing here, so its a pretty fair comparison.
Now running these lights on a cell like 20R's will not get you much runtime, but it gives you roughly a 20% boost in power. But even on good panasonic 3400mah cells you should get over 300k and 3000 lumens on one of these Vinh modded dedomed shockers.
And yes these lights are big and heavy. In this case it is a good thing. Pushing the amps it does with the IOS driver, that extra mass comes in handy to help dissipate the heat this setup creates. This heavy light does that job nicely. They get warm pretty quickly on 20R's - I would worry about any less of a light holding up safely.
The nice thing about these lights is the big fat spot they offer. These powerful lights offer tons of flood and throw. Even the dedomed version with 400k in throw offers awesome spill. And this spill isn't like a TN31 or K40 - this spill is very usuable.
You turn one of these lights on and your going to see everything in front of you for hundreds of meters, far and wide.
Truthfully I doubt most people will want to use a BTU for long periods because of the weight, but you will be hard pressed to find a more impressive light. We're talking about a light with more lumens than a RC40 and out throws it by over 3 times. It won't offer the runtime of the RC40 driven like it is of course. But it will simply blow that light or just about any other LED light out of the water with its power.
I own many modded lights by Vinh - TN31vn, K40vn, SBT70 SR90, and many others. I find these modded BTU's to be easily as impressive, or more so than any of these lights. Possibly not as practical, but if you want one of the most powerful, impressive, and fun to play with lights money can buy - you should seriously consider a BTU ShockerVN.

Last edited:

KarstGhost

Enlightened

How big of a light are we talking here?

Can someone post a pic next to another light for size scale?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Look like this project wont happened due to lack of interest. I will close in a few days.

TomElf

Newly Enlightened

Actually today I got over 5,100 lumens at 30 secs on 3 XM-L2 U2 1A's with the dome, measuring 5.6A across the switch. So 5,000 lumens is indeed possible, and the throw I measured was 240 kcd at 5 meters, which is low since it's proven it will measure higher at 15 meters. Just fyi... I used SONY 30A cells for that test, but Samsung 20Q's may do the same, possibly better with Samsung 20R's. Oh, also with it de-domed, is this the farthest throwing multi-emitter LED light in the world? I haven't seen or heard of anything that can beat it - was wondering...

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Actually today I got over 5,100 lumens at 30 secs on 3 XM-L2 U2 1A's with the dome, measuring 5.6A across the switch. So 5,000 lumens is indeed possible, and the throw I measured was 240 kcd at 5 meters, which is low since it's proven it will measure higher at 15 meters. Just fyi... I used SONY 30A cells for that test, but Samsung 20Q's may do the same, possibly better with Samsung 20R's.

The info is much appreciated! :)

Let's hope we get to 8 orders so we can launch this. Otherwise its a no go. :)

donn_

Flashaholic

Let's hope we get to 8 orders so we can launch this. Otherwise its a no go. :)

A suggestion...expand your description of the light to include photos and explanations of the battery configuration and user interface, etc. I never heard of this thing before this thread, and had to do quite a bit of research to find anything about it. I think you'd generate more interest with a more detailed presentation.

rdrfronty

Enlightened

A suggestion...expand your description of the light to include photos and explanations of the battery configuration and user interface, etc. I never heard of this thing before this thread, and had to do quite a bit of research to find anything about it. I think you'd generate more interest with a more detailed presentation.
You have to venture into the "dark side" I guess to hear about these monster lights :)
Seriously there are hundreds of happy BTU customers by now far and wide. Most are stock, but many are starting to mod them now.
Basically guys what you have is a TK70 head with a 3 x 18650 setup in a carrier similar to a TN31. Makes for a much stubbier light than the TK70. Has a standard tail clicky with low, medium, & high. Uses XML's stock. And bone stock this is about a $120 light putting out 3000 lumens and appx 130K. Not the quality of a TK75 or TN31, but still a very impressive light irregardless. And thanks for a simple design, these BTU's are willing and ready to mod. Xml2's on copper, better gauge wires, and direct drive, etc. can create a light that will even compete with HID's. 4-5000 lumens and 4-500k are all possible depending on the mod setup preference. The serious ones most call "supershockers". Its a very deserving name.

Last edited:

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

think i should sell my FF4 and buy one of these...

KarstGhost

Enlightened

I feel like 400K lux combined with 4000 Lumen would be more impressive than the modded K40 (which I love) just based on the sheer amount of light. I hope this project makes it, but its not looking good.

Vinh how much could you make one of these for without getting a group buy price?

Mike9028

Enlightened

I'm on the fence with this one because I question just how accurate those above #'s are. Plus, most of us have already invested a lot of money in all of his other on-going projects, while many of us are still waiting for the X40vn to be delivered. Too many things all going on at once are whats causing this to not take off.

I think it would help if Vinh was able to get his hands on one of these, mod it, and post the true results.. $200.00 for what we THINK and not what we KNOW is not enough for me to jump on this. And I question the 400K Lux more than anything. I know others on other sites have already posted some good #'s with this light but I still need more esp from our builder before I commit to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts