Led lenser p17 dissasembly help

batbatbox

Newly Enlightened
Hello from the cold north(Norway)!

A friend of mine got his hands on a few led lenser p17, and He gave me a few broken ones. Now my quest has started - I want to fix them! :p

I have removed the seegerring Inside, and unscrewed the screws around the led emitter, but I can't get any further now
6arumysy.jpg
e8a5u2ys.jpg

Has anyone ever disassembled a led lenser p17? Got any ideas?

I tried to search, but couldn't find anything.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

OrangeSlice

Newly Enlightened
Is the LED cooked or are you looking to replace electronics? Not familiar with the light, but I'm an expert at taking stuff apart.
Less as putting back together... :eek:

OS

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
I'd imagine the most efficient and effective way would be a sledgehammer... :p

I own P3 P7 P14 H7 H15!!! And have to say for the average user who's only had cheap torches, there ok but in the world of high end flashlights...not worth buying.

However if you wish to fix them they will be a fun project so go ahead, maby you can make them better than when they came from the factory, improve the lumens ect...

Nothing wrong with them just nothing good/amazing. Between the size for output to cost ratio / triangle I think better can be had, that and I have started using NIMH in mine despite LL instructing us not to, dam that cursed Direct drive / lack of regulation?

However if you got some cheap or free and want to gain experience working on a flashlight, I'd imagine theyd be great for that use, I wish you luck and hope you have a fun experience doing it! And gain much from it.

# orange slice I am was as a kid well known for tajeing things apart (and still am) just to see how they worked! However they very rarely went back together!!!! PMSL ROFL!!!