• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS - 6AA Batons For Space Needles, et al

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
*UPDATE 12-15-03: I have begun to accept Paypals starting immediately as there are only going to be 40 of these made total, and the first eight that were built are already sold. I expect the rest of them to be delivered to me by year's end after which I will ship to you. If interested, please Paypal $60 for each baton adapter desired, to [email protected] and Thank You for your kind support.

Or ever had a need to? If so, and all you had was your trusty Space Needle II or high-performance modified Mag 2C on hand, you could still have the best of both worlds -- no, make that THREE worlds -- with you at the same time:

1) super bright light

2) cheap-running AA-powered super bright light

3) thumpin' tool

all rolled into one:

BATON3.jpg

For an idea of size and scale:

BATON6.jpg

Here it is mated to its intended recipient:

BATON2.jpg

But now comes the best part. Take a close look at that shiny polished tip on the end:

BATON0.jpg

BATON1.jpg

I know it looks simply like highly polished aluminum, as the rest of this baton - er - AA battery adapter is made from, but it is actually turned from a billet of SOLID TITANIUM. No kidding! The wear and tear from carrying and using my own all aluminum prototype has begun to show, especially on the impact end, but this titanium striking tip - er - endcap, is specifically designed to hold up under impact (like when you accidentally drop it cap first onto the ground, for example).

It will house six AA-sized batteries, or any combination of batteries and dummy cells depending on your intended drive voltage, and the only reason I am posting it here is because we don't have a firm price on it yet (we will tomorrow). There are eight of them in existence right now, but if it all works out there will be more, all of them precisely machined on industrial CNC equipment.

If you have a Space Needle II, or a beefed-up incandescent like my own Mag 2C running on a 5-cell bulb, and don't want or need to be powering it with the more expensive CR123 lithiums, and are living in our modern times with sales of stun guns and other self-defense items going through the roof, then this may be the ultimate accessory, hands down.

Once the final machining costs are determined this project may go ahead (or not). The last time one of these was offered it was made entirely of aluminum and sold for $75. With the advent of the solid Titanium impact tip, with more Space Needle IIs out there, with more hot-rodded incandescent Mag 2C's now, and if it is offered at the same (or probably lower) cost, I wonder what the interest would be like this time around?

Stay tuned. This thread will be continued on the B/S/T Forum, maybe as early as tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Re: Ever Feel Like Thumping Something?

You may want to look into using 17-4PH SS instead of Ti.

It is a precipitaion hardining steel. That is if you bake it for an hour or so, it will harden all the way through. Very tough too, not brittle.

But with the Ti tip, you could scrape it on the ground and make great sparks, like striking a giant match.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
CNC Dan said:
...But with the Ti tip, you could scrape it on the ground and make great sparks, like striking a giant match.

[/ QUOTE ]

bonus feature! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wow charlie, that's the second most dangerous mag mod i've ever seen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice Mr. Bulk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif What's the first, roth?

-Mike

Likebright

Enlightened

You know I have a silver SN-II that I acquired on BST
Hmmmmmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif
Charlie I think I could use one of these.
Put me down
Mike

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Mike, your order is officially noted by virtue of your post on this thread, Thank You.

In fact, anybody who is interested should please sound off here, as this is a serious undertaking and I need to know where we definitely stand fiscally.

It will represent a serious investment on my and some others' parts, and we need to know we can turn over enough of these to break even plus get a few free ones for our own "uses"...

Maybe it's because of what I see on the job on an almost daily basis, but as I said in another thread if you have occasion to use the non-illuminating end of this adapter even once, it will be priceless. How much is your well-being worth?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr B
Not that it matters, but have you gotten a price yet? Need a few to acceessorize my SN IIs

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Charley!

I want the florescent model in the middle by the SF light that should come in real handy working under the hood of a car.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

That is some very nice work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Okay, uh -- $55!!! Yes, $55 is the final price and delivery will be almost immediate for the first seven buyers (the eight already in existence are being shipped to me first thing tomorrow) and Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation will add another $5.75 to this -- AWWW, whut the heck, what's 75 cents?

Let's make it $60 shipped![/b]

Hey Moderator, can we get this moved to B/S/T? Or can I add a pointer from here to there, and vice versa?

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

SOLD!

As long as I can get the florescent light option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PayPal sent!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Sway, oh I got it -- simply shine an RB LED light sideways at it while takin' the pitcher...

Jeff/Bill/Sway -- noted!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

CNC Dan, yeah that sparking thing will be so cool, defending yourself while at the same time calling for help via a shower of sparks! If nothing else it will scare his accomplices to death and they will run away...

Yeah Roth, what's the first???

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

it isn't quite finished yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hey Roth, we'd take a sneek prevue...I happen to like danger...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

patience grasshoppa /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hey yer gettin' to be just like me -- posting when it's not all built yet!

Yes you are getting to be a fine young man, a FINE young man...

D-LIGHT

Newly Enlightened

OK Charlie put me in line. Let me know when to send PayPal.
EDIT:
Nevermind---PayPal sent.
Dennis

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

well i didn't plan on saying anything, but it seemed relevant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

maybe someday we can get together and duel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif