Any word about Foursevens bringing back the quark rgb? Displeased with eagletac color

importculture

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if someone in the know or if there's been any posts or word about the quark rgb making a return to production? It seems theres a huge influx of multicolored lights ranging from nitecores srt7 to led lensers p7 color and eagletacs d25lc2 color. The last of which I just received in the mail. Unfortunately I am very disappointed with the UI. The combination of a tir optic and a diffuser makes for a more concentrated beam but the UI is just far too complex and labor intensive. The red and blue flashing mode is fantastic though. Well, when you finally get into it after many many head turns back and forth. I'd love a quark rgb with an updated led and optics while keeping the UI and body unchanged. Any word on a new quark rgb would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance take care

Last edited:

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I know exactly what you mean. Like you, I was really looking forward to the EagleTac colour - so much so that I actually put my Quark RGB up for sale on the MarketPlace.

Luckily, it didn't sell before I got the EagleTac. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to like about the D25LC2 colour - in particular the beam quality is much better than the Quark and the colours do seem a bit more intense as a result.

I do agree though that the UI is a bit disappointing. There is indeed an awful lot of twisting back and forth, and I find the forward clicky a little unresponsive. There's also no true low mode, so all in all I'm now glad I didn't sell the Quark.

In an ideal world, we'd maybe combine the optics and 18650 compatibility of the EagleTac with an updated Quark UI - the Preon system with hidden blinky modes would do it for me.

importculture

Newly Enlightened
Glad you didn't sell the quark rgb! I might have bought it;p ha ha! Optics and 18650 compatibility would be amazing on an updated quark rgb! Looking at the number of posts I can see why the rgb was discontinued. I wish there was a larger demand and therefore more justification for new iterations. Maybe the led lenser, eagletac and nitecore lights will drive up demand and appreciation for these types of lights. Thanks for the response. Hope you have a great day take care

revscott

Newly Enlightened
I would like some more detail on what you appreciate about these lights and how you use them. You might convince me that I need one in my small humble collection. I have never really understood the use for multicolor lights.

importculture

Newly Enlightened
I would like some more detail on what you appreciate about these lights and how you use them. You might convince me that I need one in my small humble collection. I have never really understood the use for multicolor lights.

But seriously there's a wide variety of listed uses for the multiple colors. Such as red being useful for preserving night adapted vision and night time map reading and astronomy. Blue depending on the wavelength lights up fluorescent objects, light up blood trails and apparently used to attract fish at night. Well, these are uses listed by Nitecore for their chameleon series of lights. Which I actually do really like and recommend them. Personally I've only really used red and blue for their respective suggested uses. I still use one of my quark rgbs as a nightlight, mood light and walk around light. My friends also find the colored light a lot less annoying when we're hanging out anywhere dark. Also comes in handy during Halloween. I've had little cousins wear quark rgbs each set to a different color so we could keep track of them among all the lightstick wearing trick or treaters. Plus i always carry a floody light so I figure why not carry a floody light that also does three other colors along with the standard white. I think Labradors suggestion was actually a good one if you can afford it. I've found a lot of great uses for my rgbs. If you have the money I would recommend picking one up and just seeing where you could find a use for it. There's a lot of flashlight manufacturers coming out with these types of lights so either they're seeing value in it or it's a fad they're trying to capitalize on. Either way I hope four sevens jumps on the bandwagon with an updated quark rgb. I plan on buying the other rgb lights but I don't think any of them will have the ease of use or amount of useful modes my quark rgb does. Besides I think four sevens could release a new version relatively quickly since most of the design work has already been done with the first rgb. Well, hopefully I gave you some useful insight and if you're still curious check out Nitecores chameleon series and check these forums for alternative uses for rgb lights. Take care

Last edited:

buds224

Enlightened
Just recently got my Eagletac Color and am glad I hung on to my Quark RGB as well. The low-low setting is very useful, especially useful around the house because of its wide-floody beam. Thinking of purchasing a 17650, I hear it's a viable rechargeable solution for the Quark.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Agree, the Chameleon is a great alternative. I actually ordered both the EagleTac and the Nitecore at about the same time. I'd expected to prefer the EagleTac, but in the event it was the Chameleon that far exceeded my expectations.

You can read my review here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ore-Chameleon-CR6-(Multicolour-red-white-RGB)

Main use for me is astronomy, so a very low level on the red output is important. I've modded a lot of lights with 660 nm LEDs for a deeper red - most of the standard multicolour lights use 625 or 630 nm which is more of a reddish orange.

buds224

Enlightened
I'm looking forward to the UV Chameleon (CU6), comes with a 365nm wavelength and looks like it will throw really well since it uses the traditional Chameleon reflector.

importculture

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking forward to the UV Chameleon (CU6), comes with a 365nm wavelength and looks like it will throw really well since it uses the traditional Chameleon reflector.

same here! Already ordered my cu6 and ci6 from battery junction. They emailed back and said they should be ready to ship out to me on the 28th of February. Hopeing it's well worth the wait. Oh and my biggest disappointment with the eagletac is the non-lockout tail cap and it's a forward clicky. Unfortunately back in the box and on the shelf they go. Anyone know if they or another brand makes a compatible lock out tail cap? Then I could at least use one as a work light and keep it in my pocket with confidence. Thanks and take care