Spreading the sickness - got a friend hooked on a Fenix

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
My co-worker always commented about my lights and I wanted to recommend something to him. He's not a diehard flashaholic, so I wanted to use readily available batteries. He liked the size of my EDC Surefire L1 but wanted a clickie, so I went with a single AA platform for portability. Multiple modes but still with the ability for simple tactical usage if necessary (no clicking through modes with the primary button) .... I recommended a Fenix LD12.

He scored one from Amazon that comes with rechargeable batts and a charger, he got it yesterday and brought it to work today. He loves it. I'm sitting at my desk, and as he walks around the corner, I see the spot on the wall. We went into a vacant, windowless office and shut the door and did some wall hunting. Compared his LD12 to my Surefire L1. I know from previous experiments and data on CPF that the L1 can actually chug out close to 100 lumens, it held up well, if not a little on the green side. Of course, I had my LX2 in my other hand and it blew the little lights away.

Was very impressed with the LD12, it's a handy light, a nice low-low mode for navigation. He's very happy with it. I'll hafta make him a giant bright orange GITD lanyard if he takes it camping. :)