KT5 Green Tint?

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Started building KT4 LED Towers with the XML-T6 5500K and they are working just fine with one minor issue. The dreaded green tint beam. I purchased 6 LED and all are supposed to be from the same BIN. My first test build was for setting the focal distance correctly and that initial test assembly had no tint other than a nice cool white beam. Now that I have built several towers these latest ones both have that aweful greenish tint and was wondering if anyone remembers how they might have over come this?

At first I thought I it might be the brass tower causing some sort of color change but now I'm thinking it's directly related to the reflector coating. I tried finding older posts with issues of greenish tint in Surefire Reflectors but nothing popped up for the larger reflectors. Anyone of you long timers remember this issue from the past?

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened
It's so great that your building towers because I'm a passionate KT1-5 enthusiast. I'm always looking for brass tower modules. Can you do multi-mode ? . Have you tried the XM-L2 T4 5C1- I have one in a tower that I have used in various KT heads and I find it to be perfection. However, I would love a XM-L2 T5 or T6 once you get the build tweaked. Where are you getting your LEDs from? Illumination supply seems to be the most consistent. I wish you the best of luck. Post your progress if you don't mind.

Dan