Cookie Monster and my G2...

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
My girlfriend got me a G2 for my birthday, and she had to spoil the surprise earlier because she wasn't sure who to order from online. I sent off some emails to Chris (Meridian Tactical), who by the way is really great to deal with, and had it arranged to be sent to her address.

Package arrived last week, but my g/f kept quiet about it, till 12am this morning (16th), then sends me a message to tell me to 'take care of cookie monster'. That got me going... i was like 'Oh s**t, what'd I do with her soft toy??' She has a Cookie Monster that sits on my bed normally, and now I couldn't find it... (Its hers, really, I swear!!) Well, I finally opened my cupboard and there was Cookie Monster, watching over my brand new G2, nicely wrapped up in a box and all. She'd dropped by my place while I was working late last night and set Cookie Monster to watch over my present... Ain't she just the best girlfriend in the world... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, by the way, I just love my new G2!! If you don't have one yet, you gotta get one just to appreciate how small it really is, and how much light comes out of the little fella... Of course, I had to do the customary "blind yourself by looking in the light" ritual, and Man, was I seeing spots! All in all, a great day and a great present! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for your wishes too, Chris (M. Tactical), great service and great prices too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Stanley,
Happy Birthday!
That's a nice story and it sounds like your girlfriend is a sweetheart.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice... did you have any problems with the cookie monster relinquishing the G2 from its possession? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
Very nice... did you have any problems with the cookie monster relinquishing the G2 from its possession? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL... well actually, even if I did have trouble, I wouldn't tell anyone... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Had to do the secret handshake and all with him and all, but hey, that's just between me and him... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
As for the G2 clickie mod you can find the juicy details here, done by Chop. Apparently it can't be locked out, but I guess it could also depend on the length of the spring, if its short enough then you could possibly unscrew the cap to lock it out as well?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
You can lock out the G2 by turning the head about 2 full turns. It will not lockout by turning the tail either with or without the clickie.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey stanley, great story! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif i had a G2 a while back, and one of the things i liked about it was the feeling of quality despite the fact that its made of plastic. i sold it after i got a G2Z though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif what colour is your G2?

zumlin

Enlightened
Why would you want to lock out a G2 clickie?
It's really hard to turn it on accidentally, you actually need to press the button hard.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zenghost, Thanks heaps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Cham, thanks... I got a black G2, wanted the Olive Drab one, but think I have had enough of that colour in HA on Surefires... You're right, it does look like cheap plastic while still in the box, but once you wield it, its got a really solid feel to it. I like the form factor, just right for your thumb to reach the momentary switch, and rugged as anything...
I've never seen a Garrity light over this side of the world before, but I do have a Coleman's 2AA incan that has a clickie. I might try and cannibalise that and see if I can get the thing out...