My gear, hm, I mean flashlights...

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al, If you want to move this, feel free
grin.gif

To see the details, cut the image URL, paste to the address bar, add .orig.jpg , hit enter...

fcab8587.jpg

fcab8573.jpg

1-"Ringers" extrication/rescue gloves, leather/kevlar pads.

2-PASS device, if I don't move for 30 seconds, it sets off an alarm-ear piercing sound; when temp reaches about 350, it chirps, 450, beeps, 550-alarm.

3-Firefighting gloves - good ol cowhide

4-SL New Survivor, best rechargeable made for firefighting, as far as I am concerned.

5-ProWarrington5000 boots - made from Kevlar,with rubber cleated toe, light as a tennis

6-Morning Pride Bunker pants - custom made for me, PBI outer shell(40%kevlar), crosstech m.barrier, nomex liner. 4 pockets, belt loops, suspenders

7-Safety glasses, get new ones every few weeks

8-Fog prevent wipe

9-Grace flashing LED(3), custom modded to red, white and blue LEDs

10-Smith&Wesson rescue knife with spring-loaded window punch in the handle

11-NFPA steel carabiner on a 30' 5mm Technora cord-rated at 6000lb

12-Wooden wedges
grin.gif
Thanks Al

13-5 ft loop of kevlar line

14-Surefire 6PN - Thanks Dan

15-Green lightstick

16-BlackHawk "Riggers" belt

17-Nomex hood

18-GlowFlex reflectors - they reflect light, and glow in the dark.

Forgot 2 DL123As, and my helmet - Morning Pride Ben2+, FDNY specs+leather liner.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Do you have fire-proof pouches for your "Wooden wages"

I know our firefighters are wanting more money but I don't think they get paid in wood. Perhaps you mean 'wedges'?

BTW, how much does your 'extra' kit weigh in addition to your issue kit. I mean do you carry more than the average, and is most of it 'custom' or supplied to you?

Thanks

logical

Newly Enlightened
Good pic of a good kit, unless of course you aren't a firefighter...if that's the case, well it's just plain weird.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kan spell eggsellentlie and wood bee moor then willin to hellp.
grin.gif

Paat

Edit: Just kidding, but in all honesty, I am highly dependent on spell check whenever it is available.
icon14.gif

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm suprised you are using Spetra based cord instead of Kevlar based.

-john

mc

Newly Enlightened
FC, thanks for sharing a picture of your tools of the trade, from your honorable profession!

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It gets used every day. As per standard operating procedure, every FF must have the PASS switched on before leaving the apparatus on scene.

I know what you meant. Thanks.

The stupid thing goes to "pre-alarm" after 20 second without any motion(it beeps), and if you don't shake it in the next 10 sec, it goes in full alarm. Those units are about 15years old(my uncle got his in late 80s), and are not very sensitive - when you are just standing around, it goes into pre-alarm all the time,which drives me and everybody else up the wall. If you watch the news and see firefighter periodically hitting themselfs in the chest, you will know what I am talking about.

New units are integrated with your SCBAs air bottle, and as soon as you open it, it turns on. Those are very sensitive also, and have 2-3 levels of pre-alarm. We will not be using old PASSes in about a year, when all old SCBAs are replaced.

Talking about SCBAs, by new NFPA standard ,it must have a Heads Up Display in you facepiece, to monitor ramaining air supply. Now that is cool. It'll probably be few more years till we get those....

I am surprised you guys didn't jump on my customized LED flasher.
rolleyes.gif

fcaab4ed.jpg

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by FC.:
I F**ked up. I have so many Spectra slings, that I just typed in "Spectra". Actually it has technora core. Sorry.

Same size Spectra is rated at 11000lbs, I think.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think Spectra and Technora are the same thing. The Spectra is as strong as Kevlar and more abrasion resistant, but it melts much easier than Kevlar. That's why I figured you'd be using Kevlar.

-john

-john

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, technora is supposed to be more heat resistant then kevlar. That's what Dupont said.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I F**ked up. I have so many Spectra slings, that I just typed in "Spectra". Actually it has technora core. Sorry.

Same size Spectra is rated at 11000lbs, I think.

Gman

Enlightened
Привет ФК! Извините меня, я только увидел ваше сообщение с последнего года. Я был здесь в течение некоторого времени. Да, мы никогда не будем забывать! Надежда все хорошо! ;-)