SBT-90 vs SST-90 dedomed

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Im thinking of buying a SBT-90 to replace my dedomed SST90. My question is this! will it out throw a standard SST-90 which has been dedomed as i dont want to spend the extra money to find out its the same:thumbsup:

Thanks in advance

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your question mainly depends on the Flux Bin you got for both emitters. The SBT-90 is basically a dedomed SST-90 and the emitting surface is the same size. So if you get the same lumens with both emitters you will have about the same throw. Judging from the data sheets on luminus website there are better Bins for SST-90 these days, so if you already have a high-Bin SST-90 you couldn't get a SBT-90 at the monent with a better surface-brightness, which would in your case mean a decrease in throw.

rayman

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
I think your question mainly depends on the Flux Bin you got for both emitters. The SBT-90 is basically a dedomed SST-90 and the emitting surface is the same size. So if you get the same lumens with both emitters you will have about the same throw. Judging from the data sheets on luminus website there are better Bins for SST-90 these days, so if you already have a high-Bin SST-90 you couldn't get a SBT-90 at the monent with a better surface-brightness, which would in your case mean a decrease in throw.

rayman

Hi Rayman,

Thanks for your replay. Im new to the forum and dont have to much knoledge yet when it comes to these things, can you explain to me a little more about the Flux bin plaes as i don't know what this is yet.

Kind regards,

Erdin

rdrfronty

Enlightened
A SBT-70 is likely a better choice. In my SR90 I went from stock SBT-90 doing about 1900 lumens and 144k. I then dedomed it and went to about 1250 lumens and 195k. Then installed a SBT-70 and when back up to about 1725 lumens and a nice 325k.

Erdin

Newly Enlightened
A SBT-70 is likely a better choice. In my SR90 I went from stock SBT-90 doing about 1900 lumens and 144k. I then dedomed it and went to about 1250 lumens and 195k. Then installed a SBT-70 and when back up to about 1725 lumens and a nice 325k.

Thanks mate, i guess il buy an sbt70. where did you pick yours up from all the places i found, wants you to buy in bulk?