Aeon and Nautilus Foam Rings

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Has anyone been able to make or use another material for the Aeon and Nautilus when the foam needs replacement.

I tried 1/4" ID X 1/16" wall and 7/16" OD X 1/16 O-rings on top of the battery, and it works, except for some minor battery rattle.

The 1/4" goes around the post on the + terminal and the 7/16" inside the tube.

I did get an e mail promptly from Mr. Muyshondt, and he told me that Unique Titanium is going to start to sell them.

However, until then, any thoughts? I was thinking of the foam used to seal waterproof gang boxes.

The o rings do work, if I can eliminate the rattle.

These are lights I love and carry every day.

Thanks for any help!

NR

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used some adhesive weatherstrip with success. There is many sizes and thickness available in any hardware store. You can then cut it to the needed size and a 5$ roll should be enough for the next 100 years.

nightshade

Enlightened
I like to use Poron foam that is adhesive backed. I then use a hollow punch set to make my own foam washers for most any twisty made. Arc AA, Fenix E15, etc. The end result is a very clean, "OEM" looking product. :)

A search of Amazon for: Poron Polyurethane Sheet, 3A Durometer, Smooth Finish, Adhesive Backing, Black - will produce a page that sells the material in various sizes. I prefer .188 and .250 (3/16" and 1/4" inch) for most general flashlight use. A little outlay of cash allows me to make foam washers for my other projects and hobbies, home repair as well.

A affordable hollow punch set is available from Amazon as well. I strike mine with a old, thrift store, rubber maul with great results.

SonnyJim

Newly Enlightened
I lost my foam ring when I had the emitter upgraded on my Aeon. Believe it or not, a Nerf foam dart works pretty well. Just slice to the right thickness (takes a little experimenting to get it just right). It's not perfect, it doesn't have the resilience of the original, but the inside and outside diameters are close enough, that you only need to do the one cut.

SonnyJim

Newly Enlightened
...oh yeah, that's awesome news to hear that UT will stock the washers! Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selfbuilt recommended a Dr Scholls Corn Pad as a possible replacement pad for the L3 L10... Thought that was a good idea.