Jetbeam Jet-III M Titanium upgrade

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all, especially jet iii m ti and ALU version owners,

The titanium version of the jet iii m was rated at 225lm (or about) with the xre r2. By now, the XML2 version of the jet iii m is out rated at 560lm.
My question is, would the light engine of the xml2 led fit into the titanium light? I'm keen on an upgrade, since my tcr10 isn't helping with my jet iii m ti's self esteem. Lol

I know I can take out the light's light engine out with relative ease, the question now is whether the they're interchangeable.

As a preface:
Approx dimensions of the Jet III M Ti's light engine (inc reflector) as follows:
Height 38mm
Bottom diameter 21mm
Top diameter 25mm

Thanks

PS. I've been on an extended leave from CPF for a bit so I probably missed a fair bit of topics.
I tried to search for the one topic as suggested by the title, to no avail however. So please point me in the right direction if I've entirely missed something.

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
zy5e2ybu.jpg

swan

Banned
How about swapping the xre for a xml2 on a noctigon star. As a guess your driver would put out about 1amp so the xml2 should deliver around 450-500lmns out the front. Im not sure if its possible,as i dont own this model, but for reference the noctigon star is available in 20mm or 16mm od and 1.55mm thick. I haved fitted a noctigon xml2 to my sunwayman t20cs at high at 1.2 amps i get 500 otf lumens [ turbo 750+ at 2.1amp]-only cost you $7 this way.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestion, I've never modded any lights ever. So if I would ever go down that path, there'll probably be a few sacrifices in the form of experiments. Does sound like a cost effective solution however.
How about swapping the xre for a xml2 on a noctigon star. As a guess your driver would put out about 1amp so the xml2 should deliver around 450-500lmns out the front. Im not sure if its possible,as i dont own this model, but for reference the noctigon star is available in 20mm or 16mm od and 1.55mm thick. I haved fitted a noctigon xml2 to my sunwayman t20cs at high at 1.2 amps i get 500 otf lumens [ turbo 750+ at 2.1amp]-only cost you $7 this way.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello flashkat, if you put the reflector and light engine together (just stack them), would it'll look similar/identical to the one that's shown in the picture?

Thanks
I have the R5 & XML. I took both a part just now, and they both have the separate reflector set-up.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does not look like the picture above.
Are you sure your Jetbeajm does not use a standard P60 drop-in?
Hello flashkat, if you put the reflector and light engine together (just stack them), would it'll look similar/identical to the one that's shown in the picture?

Thanks

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a malkoff p60 drop in, it fits in the jet iii ti, but not properly though.

I did a measurement, the jet iii ti light engine's(including reflector) approx size as follows:

Height 38mm
Bottom diameter 21mm
Top diameter 25mm

Would that be the same as the normal jet iii m light engine's size (light pill + reflector)?

Thanks

Edit: measurement correction.

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Left is malkoff and right is the jet iii m ti's factory light engine.

my6epe8u.jpg

Edit: picture uploaded

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure of the differences on the dropins. I know there are different type of dropins that I have seen made by different manufacturers. Maybe someone else can tell us more.
I have a malkoff p60 drop in, it fits in the jet iii ti, but not properly though.

I did a measurement, the jet iii ti light engine's(including reflector) size as follows:

Height 38mm
Bottom diameter 20.1mm
Top diameter 20.5mm

Would that be the same as the normal jet iii m light engine's size (light pill + reflector)?

Thanks

Edit: measurement correction.