Nitecore SRT7 Green Tint Normal?

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
Hi,

I ordered and received my SRT7 last week and have been evaluating it. The first thing I noticed when I turned it on was that it has a greenish tint. Without saying anything to my wife she asked me why it has a greenish tint. I wasn't sure whether this was normal or not so I did some investigation on here (especially Selfbuilt's SRT7 review TY) and found it should be a NW sometimes tending to blue. Here is a picture of my wife's Thrunite Ti2 at 82 lumens on the left and my SRT7 on the right bounced off a white ceiling.

Do SRT7s normally look like this?

IMG_0522800x600_zps5d97dc00.jpg

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Hi,

I ordered and received my SRT7 last week and have been evaluating it. The first thing I noticed when I turned it on was that it has a greenish tint. Without saying anything to my wife she asked me why it has a greenish tint. I wasn't sure whether this was normal or not so I did some investigation on here (especially Selfbuilt's SRT7 review TY) and found it should be a NW sometimes tending to blue. Here is a picture of my wife's Thrunite Ti2 at 82 lumens on the left and my SRT7 on the right bounced off a white ceiling.

Do SRT7s normally look like this?

IMG_0522800x600_zps5d97dc00.jpg

funky...mine has a green ish tint, but not so pronounced as yours....definitely there though when compared to ea4 NWNW

groutboy_1

Enlightened
I have a Nitecore EA4 Pioneer. It has a nice clean bright kind of warm white LED. [Sounds like the return of the LED tint lottery from long ago. IE, PUKE green LEDS, Purplish, or Blusih tints...Undesirable types...the old Luxeon lottery. ]

Last edited:

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
The LED tint lottery doesn't sound like a good thing. When I searched for "greenish tint" and SRT7 I came across a CPF Olight thread from a little over a year ago but nothing specifically on the SRT7. I even came across information where people said they had a problem with the Luxeons being a cat urine green. I don't think this is anywhere near that color and I'm glad that I didn't experience that.

I know there are a few other SRT owners on here and would like to hear from them (thanks dc38 for responding) to see if this is "normal" for this flashlight. Looking at Selfbuilt's review from last year the sample he had doesn't look green.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
A few weeks ago had I purchased. New Coast Hp7 taclight 360lms--Dark green lumens! NOPE! It went back...ugh! I'll stick with Olight Warrior m22

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fenix PD32 XP-G R5 is slanted towards violet and my ZL SC-600 XM-L T6 (?) is sea foam green. LEDs are like women and shoes, you never know what you might see next.

Chris

groutboy_1

Enlightened
I believe some manufacturers understand tint control. While others are cheap and using $€-it LEDS. Stuffing what ever they get it flashlights. Obviously, some have decent QC, others don't....

Last edited:

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
It sounds like the lottery is still going on but they've gotten a lot better at the tints so your odds of getting a good tint is much higher. Live and learn.

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
Actually my wife sees some pink in the Ti2 but also sees the green in the SRT7. It sounds like part of this is our perception of the light. I know there were several threads discussing Stevens power law and how it affects our perception of lumens. Very interesting stuff.

y260

Enlightened
The SRT7's I've seen have all had cool white tints, with maybe a little yellow-green in the middle. You have more of an extreme example of this, so it's up to you whether or not that's a deal-breaker.

If anything, maybe it'll be easier on the eyes when your using it outside.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rarely worry about tint in my lights.

The first thing my lights usually get after I receive them is an emitter swap to my choice of emitter on a direct copper star. In some cases, bad tint is also caused by the choice of lens coating, so a lens swap may also be necessary.