• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Customized HDS Rotary 200

pharmbob

Newly Enlightened
I have for sale a Custom HDS Rotary 200 with a polished bezel, a black body, and a flush button. It has had the original LED upgraded to a custom LED.
I do not know the specs on the original LED, but it was a very cool white tint XP-G. Most likely a R5 flux bin. This replacement installed is a XP-G2 R4 flux bin. XP-G2s are binned at 85 degrees C while the original XP-G is binned at 25 degrees C. Because of the change to the gen 2 XP-G there may actually be a small gain. The output would display a move to a neutral tint. The colors of items are much more natural looking as a result of this.

My estimate of the Lumens on high, when comparing to other lights of known (at least as provided by the manufactures who claim to be following ANSI standards) OTF output, is approx 250 lumens. This is all based on perception and white wall comparison so I have nothing technical to back it up. The light has been carried a few times, and has a small nick on the tail end of the light. Overall it is in very good condition.
I don't think I have a manual for this one but you can obtain it from here: http://hdssystems.com/Products/Edc/EdcUsersGuide.pdf.

I am asking $215 shipped in the U.S. via USPS Priority Mail. PayPal only, please.

[IM
photo1_zpsfb4725c2.jpg
G][/IMG]

photo3_zpsc213cb13.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMGhttp://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/pharmbob/HDS%20Rotary/photo2_zps41057607.jpg

Last edited:

pharmbob

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: Customized HDS Rotary 200

I do not believe it is still covered by warranty, as is the case with most light modifications. I have had this light for over a year since the modification, and I feel it is better than original, in terms of beam quality and tint. It functions just like new, but the colors are more true to life. The led replacement was done by a very well regarded member on this forum. You can be assured that I would not have given my HDS Rotary over to him unless he came HIGHLY recommended for doing this modification. I am only selling it now due to a need to raise some cash for another purpose, and I feel it is time to let another lucky member enjoy this light.
I guarantee it 100 % :twothumbs