5W, PR & BB500?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to put together a 5w McLux/PR and drive it with a BB500 and 2x123. Has anyone tried this specific combination and if so how useful/bright was the beam?

Jon

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
StoneDog, this would be a nice light for general usage. Runtime would be quite decent too.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. Heat certainly won't be a problem. It should have good runtime, and still be able to throw a little bit. It would probably make a really nice close-up flood light if you could get a beadblasted reflector.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
StoneDog,
Now you're talkin'. This should make for a very nice utility light with a good runtime. Tyler is right about the heat. Heat won't be an issue at all. In complete darkness, I think you'll even get more than just a little bit of throw.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen an L4 in action, but based on the reviews I've read I'd like similar output but with a bit tighter beam. If I can find a "W" or "X" ranked 5w I'm hoping it will work with PR to give just what I'm looking for. I'm thinking the host will be an E2e with one of the PR-T heads when they become available...

Anyway, what I don't want to do is sink money into all of this only to find the 5W @ 500ma isn't really enough light (this will basically be 4x1w @ 250ma, right?). I guess that's part of the fun of all this though, isn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm... Anyone know where I can find a decent 5w HD? PM if you do, I'll pay a little over market value for a good one.

Jon