Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting for what I think is a SureFire 12PM with a T62 turbo head. I don't usually buy "modern" collectible lights but I thought those were incredibly cool looking back when I joined CPF.
I snagged one just a few years after the launch of the Millennium Series came out and have clung to it ever since. I think mine is actually an L90 with an A21 extender and SRTH that was lovingly pieced together by a barely-perceptively-reluctant-to-sell vendor.

Last edited:

mcm308

Enlightened
Malkoff Universal 2-6 D & C Size Maglite Adapter In he head and 2X21700 will slip right in a 3 C cell. They will rattle a little but you can wrap a few turns of electrical tape around the middle of them. Just a bit though.

That ultra is a great light. I use mine all the time.

I took a look at that and not fond of the design and the way it uses the chuck of aluminum to just install the smaller drop in. You lose the big reflector and IMO, if you want to use the Malkoff drop in, just find a more suitable host. I am going to check out the Litt Industries drop in that uses the OEM reflector for 20 bucks and see what that does.

And yea my Ultra is my go to. I finally broke down and ordered a new battery for it so that's currently in the mail! Haha The original just won't hold a charge anymore. It depletes to fast now to use.

Last edited:

mcm308

Enlightened
The chunk of aluminum makes a great heat sink.
But is it necessary when the drop in is basically designed for the Surefire 6P and similar?
To me anyway it seems a waste of a Maglite host and a 100 bucks..

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
But is it necessary when the drop in is basically designed for the Surefire 6P and similar?
To me anyway it seems a waste of a Maglite host and a 100 bucks..
You're right it's probably not necessary. It is in my case as I will be running a V6 wildcat that suffers from getting to hot in a normal host.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel like this is a hot take on CPF, but I've never found a mod for old PR-bulb lights that was worth it compared to just using a modern flashlight. Like as a what-if project it's fun to experiment and I totally understand. For a user I haven't seen much to convince me. Especially since with all the sales and discounts you can get new C-cell LED Mags for $25 or whatever.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Got the Convoy 620nm red yesterday. Have a Krill AA Red arriving tomorrow.
https://www.kriana.com/aa-krill-lights

20240512_193242.jpg

Carro On!

boo5ted

Enlightened
I love a bit o' blue.
Nice kit there. Quality.
I don't wish for many freedoms here in the Swamp, but the local constabulary still do frown on an OTF. Shame that.
I've got a couple, but they never leave the house.

Thanks, love the blue too.

Swamp as South Louisiana? I'm from just outside of New Orleans and never had an issue with any of my OTFs.

boo5ted

Enlightened
South Mississippi. In the bayou.
I get real picky about where I press my luck.

Gotcha.

I've had a few run ins with the LEOs around Picayune when I was young and dumb. Granted we used to drag race up and down I59 all the time so I guess them not being happy was kinda warranted lol

iacchus

Enlightened
Gotcha.

I've had a few run ins with the LEOs around Picayune when I was young and dumb. Granted we used to drag race up and down I59 all the time so I guess them not being happy was kinda warranted lol
Honestly, these days i'd probably be fine regardless, but it's a pain remembering about it when I have to stop by a courthouse or the kid's school. Nobody blinks an eye over a folder (or weirdly, a pistol), but autos can still cause some bother.

Funny how that goes.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the OLIGHT IMINI 2 coming tomorrow.

I like how it turns on and recharges. Definitely not going to be a main light (or something that I rely on) but for quick access and ease of use it should have its place.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
It came last night, Z2 turned out to be several years older than I expected, Lexan glass, now I feel bad about using it
I'm not a modder, but I might consider swapping that for Borofloat or the like - if it's not too difficult. I'm pretty much done w/ polycarb myself. EDIT: ....when I have a glass option. Sometimes I don't, so I do still have some w/ polycarb.

Last edited:

iacchus

Enlightened
As the weather warms and I find myself in shorts more often than not (basically any time I'm not at work), I've been shoring up my carry options there. Low in weight, high in usefulness is the goal.
Picked up a new torch and a new folder to try out. If they make the cut (pun intended maybe?), that will give me three really decent options there. That should be plenty.